31

BILLIE'S POV

The waiters arrived with our food in their hands, quickly placing it on the table. I noticed Dave's eyes fixed on the food. This boy never changes; when it comes to food, he'll do anything.

"Let's eat, I'm very hungry," Dave said, and we all laughed.

"You're always hungry, Dave," Ady teased.

"Hey, hey, no fighting. Vals is at the other table," Evo interjected, laughing.

"It's not me, it's Ady," Dave retorted, rolling his eyes.

"Whatever," Ady mumbled.

"That's enough, guys. By the way, what would you like, love?" Evo asked me.

"I'm okay with Carbonara and salad," I replied.

"Okay, wait, I'll get it for you," Evo said.

Oh, God, why am I so lucky to have Evo? After a few minutes, she brought me some Carbonara and salad.

"Here you go, love. Let's eat," Evo said.

"Thank you. Wait, where's Vall?" I asked.

"She's with Zoe and Drew at the other table. She wanted to eat with her aunties," Evo explained. We were split between two tables: Evo, Dave, Ady, and I at one, and Zoe, Drew, and my family at the other.

I frowned, realizing that my own child was closer to my friends than me. I bit my lip, trying to hold back tears but ended up crying.

"What happened, love?" Evo asked, stroking my back.

"Nothing, love. I'm just happy," I said.

"No, Billie, you're not. Please tell me the truth. I don't want to see you crying," she said, wiping the tears from my eyes.

"I'll tell you later. I just don't want to ruin this moment," I said, looking into her eyes.

"Okay, I'll wait for you to tell me later. But for now, just eat your food. I don't want my girlfriend to be hungry," she said, smiling.

"Okay, I'll eat. But thank you," I replied.

"You're welcome, love."

We continued eating and talking about random things from our lives. Vall was with Zoe and Drew, while Evo sat on my lap. I felt a pang of sadness knowing my baby wasn't as close to me as I'd hoped.

I always wanted a child, and now that I have one, I can't explain how happy I am. Seeing a child that you made is a blessing.

After eating, Vall tugged on Evo's shirt, looking tired.

"Mommy, can I go to sleep?" Vall asked Evo.

"Of course, sweetie. Let's say goodbye to Nana and Papa," Evo replied, carrying Vall.

As I carried Vall in my arms, we made our way to my parents.

"Mom, Dad, Vall is tired. We need to go home," I said.

"Oh, let me kiss Vall for one last time," Mom said, kissing Vall's forehead.

"Wait, what? One last time?" Evo asked, confused.

"We're going back to L.A. tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. We have some important stuff to handle, but Billie's staying," my dad explained.

Evo frowned at this news.

"Don't worry, love. We'll visit them in L.A.," I assured her.

"Okay, but I'll miss you guys," Evo said.

"We'll miss you too, Evo," my mom said.

You might be wondering why Vall is quiet. That's because she's already sleeping. She's very tired.