Hiding.

"Do you need a hand?"

While halfway their walk Azazel spoke to Sakura. He noticed a while ago she was trying to hold back from limping, but he still noticed her putting more force in the other leg each time she moved. Even if she was trying to be subtle about it.

"!.... no. I'm fine."

Azazel as well noticed that she wouldn't look straight at him, she would make sure to keep a certain distance to him so they wouldn't make any accidental contact.

'Did I do something that landed me in the wrong way to her?'

He started to think about how they met and what was said or done, then an expression of realization appeared.

'Ah! Was it when I grabbed her when asking about my dad?..... yeah. It may be from that. Oh you stupid idiot! No wonder. I would be pissed too if a guy suddenly grabbed me with such force. I wonder if I ended up bruising her from that?'

Azazel looks at Sakura but couldn't catch a glimpse of her shoulders. However he still felt guilty and a sense of responsibility when he sees her limping. He even thought the reason she got hurt was when she rescued him by pulling him out of the gate.

Sakura on the other hand didn't know how to react to him. She knew that her attitude was to.... prickly. He hasn't even done anything to her, and she meant that literally.

'The one who made my life a living hell when I fought against the corruption wasn't even him. His souls was devoured and used to strengthen the bastard who took over his body. So literally this boy is a victim who really hasn't survived to live over the age of 12. I should stop reacting because of his outer appearance and remember that the inside is different altogether.'

"Saku."

"Hm?"

Adaline walks closer to Sakura so only she can hear what she says. Sakura leans closer to hear her hushed tone.

"The big brother there isn't a bad man. He helped me feel more comfortable when I was brought here. So don't be mad at him."

'....looks like even the simple minded Adaline noticed my treatment of him.'

Sighing she felt all the stress from what was happening was piling up to a exponential degree that she may even faint at some point.

'Today I let myself be too emotion. All my plans went downhill when I decided I didn't want Kano to die. But here we are, the enemy recieved the message and just worsen the situation to the point I'm injured and most certainly have bruises all over.'

"Yeah sorry. Just a bit tired, I don't hate the big brother there so don't worry."

Sakura lightly pats Adaline in reassurance.

"....ok."

Adaline didn't seem too convinced but she trusted Sakura so she didn't question it.

Sakura on the other hand noticed and smiled warily.

'Looks like I'm really tired if I can't hide my emotions to Ada. When we find a bush or shrub to hide on I'll take a small rest. I'll be needing it after all this.'

"I see the entrance!"

Azazel tried to contain the excitment he felt but his whole expression brightened up from the view. For months he was left in that cave with other children. He hasn't seen his mother for 3 years. His father he hasn't seen even longer.

Yet seeing the light grow with each step he took toward freedom he couldn't hide the relief and joy of finally seeing his family again. To be back home and away from the solitude and fear that cave gave him.