What Type of Coincidence is This!?

"Mister. Please, we wanna go back home."

Adaline found this man to be different from the others too. She grabbed his robe and held it while looking up at him with pleading and hopeful eyes.

The man felt the gaze but closed his eyes as if in pain. He stiffly shook his head no and continued checking Sakura's wound to see how bad it is.

Sakura can see that the it was hard for the man to reject their pleas and narrowed her eyes in thought.

'He doesn't seem to want to go along with this bizarre "celebration" but then why does he still follow this peoples commands? No.... better yet, would such a guy stay if he displays such dislike in the using of children? I bet he would loath the parents who give their children in a silver platter just to please their 'lord.' So why does he still go along with it?'

"Why..? Why won't you help us!?"
Adaline eyes grew hazy and misty from the new tears that began to slide down her face. Her hands trembling while clutching his robe.

He grimace and tries to harden his heart. He finishes wiping off the dirt and twigs that was all over Sakura's wound and then moved the dress to cover it until a healer shows up.

"It is none of my concern. I can't help you."

"You said you can't, not that you don't want to."

Sakura quickly took notice of what he said and scrutinized his reaction.

"You want to help us, but something is making you unable to. You view all this in contempt and disgust, but you still follow their commands. Why?"

Sakura didn't have the leisure to keep her childish act. She put her full attention in his reactions and movements and noticed the small changes.

'Sakura was a princess trained to watch others every action and words. And having those memories of all the passed ones pushing itself around my head, I can say I became an expert at it.'

Zay eyes twitched and his movements froze after she spoke, but then he hid it all with his normal stiff faced expression. However he didn't hide it quick enough from Sakura's eyes.

She narrowed her eyes and looked deeper at his expression.

"They have something they can use against you."

"!!"

His eyes quickly turned to catch her own probing eyes. He noticed this child was different from the usual children. He noticed it the moment that he and Ronald found the girls.

***
"I gotta piss for a sec."

"The others are already pursuing those who ran. We have to follow too."

Zay looks at the man whining. His face held no expression yet when looking closer at his eyes, there was hidden scorn and disgust.

"Just for a sec, and besides they would be caught in a few minutes. So let's just wait here."

Ronald moves the bushes that he picked and widen his eyes.

"Well shit."
He whispered in pleasant surprise.

Zay wondered what he found and walked closer. Hidden by his hood, his eyes widen in surprise when he saw two small figures holding each other and hiding behind those bushes that were under the tall tree.

"Hehe~ I found you~ So this is where you hid."

The child that was clutching the other one eyes widen in pure fear, her eyes filled with tears and her whole body began to shake from terror.