The Past should remain in the Past.

"Sakura. Why did you dislike us so much to begin with?"

After patching up their relationship a bit. All three headed to the garden to sit and take a bit of fresh air. What came after was an unexpected question from Darius.

'Wow. A straight ball that was. He really does act before he thinks.'

Adonis looked at his younger brother as if he was looking at an imbecile. Darius didn't know how to be subtle, so he went and asked a straightforward question with no malice intended.

'I think this was one of the things Sakura liked about Darius. He never kept things from her. Even his love for her half-sister was something he told her straight in her face with a sense of guilt. He did so even without looking down at her; not like the others did.'

***

"Sakura. I won't lie to you."

He looked her in the eyes when answering her questions about what type of relationship he has with Rose.

Sakura noticed how people would speak behind her back. All full of malice and ridicule.

*

"Does she not know her fiancé is with her sister?"

"Why does she still keep the engagement when she knows she is in between such a lovely couple?"

"How evil of her to keep them away from each other.”

"A jealous half-sister. That is what she is."

*

All those whispers condemned her, saying she was going between a loving couple and bullying the half-sister. However those words against her weren’t the ones that effected her; the thing that was the most concerning to her was just the thought of her fiancé with her sister.

She never believed in any of their words. To her, Darius is not the type to have a relationship while engaged. He was just really kind to everyone and because of his kindness, it seemed as if he was in a questionable relationship with Rose.

'That's all. Right?'

However, there was that voice in her head, repeating again and again the same thing.

**

'Are you sure? There is never a rumor without a reason. He disregards you. Because who would love you? Heh... hahahaha!!'

**

"Tsk!"

"Sakura?

Before she new it, she ended up spacing out and frowned from the memory of that  malicious thought.

Darius saw how her mind seemed to have wondered somewhere else and he called her name to bring her back from her thoughts. She blinked a few times after hearing her name and gave him a wary smile.

"I apologize. My mind seemed to have wondered in such an important topic we were to discuss about."

Sakura gave him the usual etiquette speech and looked back at him only to see his strange expression.