Kano's Devotion.

The carriage ride to Gabriel's home was quiet. Sakura looked at the man sitting right across from her and can only smile warily when she saw his stiff posture.

'This man is adorably too serious. But really, who would have thought he was that knight who always stood behind Rose in all those times. I did remember his name was Kano. He wasn't of importance to Sakura because even if she did take some glances at him, he never turned to her and always had Rose in his eyes.'

Sakura leans in her hand and crossed her legs when she took a deeper look at him, her expression missing the naively that she usually held in front of others.

'I don't have to waste my time to keep a front with him, him knowing a bit of who I am wouldn't effect my social position or image.'
Sakura smirked but the look in her eyes were cold and calculating.

'Right now, even if I took a liking to him a few years back, after finding out who he is gonna be in the future, I have no other choice but to use him. If I can't win him to my side, might as well get rid of future issues from the very beginning.'

Sakura pushed aside her intrest on the man. Yet while looking at him, her eyes turn sad.

'I really took a liking to him 4 years ago.... he seems to be a upright and a man who has strong morals of justice. Sadly, those morals were used for Rose, and because of it, he always protected her and would glare at me with those piercing eyes as if looking at an enemy. Heh.. hahaha!'

Sakura snickered a bit and by recalling that moment, her eyes that looked at him in sadness and guilt, turn cold as if looking at a object of use.

'Yup, that's much better; don't form an attachment to them Sakura, remember that there is a high chance of them leaving your side, so for now, just use them as much as you can.'

Sakura closes her eyes and let's out a long sigh, with just the darkness in her vision, she thinks of her plan before she gets to Gabriel's home to pick up Adeline.

'This man is suprising in the mid tier 4th stage of strengthening magic, a type of enhancement magic. Even more interesting is that he is in mid tier last stage of barrier magic. He is both useful at attack and shielding. Maybe that is why papa placed him beside Rose, and with her personality, she won over his heart and he swore to become her personal knight. How sweet.'

A sneer appeared in her delicate childish face. At that time Kano noticed the changes in Sakura and found her to be different to how she was in the palace. He noticed that mischievous and teasing appeared she held when she looked at him turn cold and in guard with him. He felt something else when he saw that.

'.... did I do something to make her distrust me in that small amount of time? Why do I feel like she is looking at some type of enemy when she looked at me?'

Kano worriedly looks on at his young princess thinking while sitting with her eyes closed, showing the appearance of someone who doesn't wish to be bothered or even wish to speak at all.

'But for some reason.... even if my instincts tell me to be on guard with her, I can feel a sense of responsibility.... as if I need to save her, I have to keep her safe and away from all her worries.... but for what reason this feeling fills me, I do not know.'

Sakura at the time didn't know he was looking at her intently, and even if she did, she wouldn't care, especially if there is a chance he would die today, so why bother caring what a dead man thought of her?

'Right now he is the main piece to the success of my plan . He is a man who is govern by his sense of responsibility, so he would literally fight to the death to protect me and Adeline and that is what I wanted when finding a game piece.'