A Change

"Adaline. Don't you want to go play with Sakura and your brothers? You don't have to follow me while I go look for your father."

"No. I feel like Saku needs time with them  without me there to distract her."

Sapphire smiled warily at the answer. Since the return of her daughter yesterday night, she quickly noticed a change happen this morning.

'The carefree child who usual jumps at the chance to play rather than study is now pushing playing to the side, even when it involves Sakura. Maybe the whole incident left a much deeper impact than we thought.'

Sapphire worried for her daughters state of mind, she knew that in the older days, a weak mind meant a great target for a corrupted being. A child was already a great target to begin with, but one with a trauma makes an even greater target for a full control and easier soul to corrupt and devour.

'I should speak to Uriel about this. If I recall, he has a friend who specializes in the development of the mind.'

In this magic fantasy setting world. There are parts that are developed further than the usual type setting world Sakura has seen in novels and games. They have pluming and understand the importance of hygiene and diseases. There are the use of magic, but as well as the use of medical procedures to cure a patient.

Potions are the prescribed version of pills. Surgery is used when healing magic can't remove a tumor or something the body created itself. Schools exist to teach the common people and if they have talent, can be sponsored to developed in any type of field that needs people; for example: doctors, nurses, accountants, architects and so many more.

The longer Sakura has been in this world, the more she can find influence from her old world. And this will be seen more in the near future.

"Mom."

Sapphire quickly looks down at her daughter who called out to her.

"Yes?"

"..."

Sapphire can see Adaline was struggling with what she wanted to say, but she didn't hurry her daughter to speak, she just patiently waited while walking in a calm pace to the room she shared with her husband.

"... when me and Saku was taken."

"!.. Yes honey. What about that?"

Sapphire who was holding her daughter's hand tighten at the incident that they where rescued from last night. It was too recent for her not to feel dread each time she thinks about it.

"Saku was really calm through it all. She never once cried, even when we hid in the forest. And when she did cry, I can tell she was using it to her advantage. .. Saku was really amazing through it all, but it made me sad when she did her best to keep me safe, yet never tried to keep herself safe."

Adaline spoke for the first time what happened and what she and Sakura had to go through. She started by telling her mom about what happened in the forest and from when Sakura was taken from her.

To Adaline, she felt Sakura didn't take care of herself and was putting her life in danger to keep Adaline safe. Adaline felt horrible that she couldn't do anything to help Sakura and that throughout the whole incident, Sakura was trying to ease up her worries and to assure her everything was fine.

"I couldn't do anything mama! I only cried and worried but Saku was trying her hardest to save me and herself! She never once cried in pain or in fear and I felt she made herself bait to keep me safe! Even though I'm the older one and I promised to keep Saku safe, I couldn't do anything!! Sakura got hurt so many times because of me, yet she still cared for me..."

Adaline voice shook when tears feel down her face. Sapphire quietly listened to it all and her expression didn't show one bit of what she was feeling at the moment from listening to her daughter's experience. But her heart hurt when she listens to her daughters words.

"Saku saved me and even got everyone else to find us. I promised myself mama; that I won't let her suffer again! I won't let her go though that all alone and I'll be right beside her to keep her safe. I'll be her shield and her sword and I swear on it. I swear an oath to it!!"

Sapphire can see a fire burning in her daughter's eyes and a smile graced her lips. Adaline felt her mother stop her steps and then had herself turn to face Adaline. She kneels and looks her daughter in the eyes.

"Then make sure to keep that promise to yourself Adaline. This will be your goal in life. Sakura gave her all to bring you back and now you must return the favor. As the best friend and subject of her highness Sakura Serenity. You will protect her and be beside her! That is an oath that you made yourself! And an Envoy is someone who never breaks their oath!"

Sapphire looked in her daughter's eyes and knew that Adaline will do her utmost to keep her promise. She had a sense of seeing her daughter grow right before her eyes and so a feeling of pride swelled up inside of her.

'So a moment of fortune though an unfortunate event! Adaline has grown in her ordeal rather than let it ruin her. Hohohoho! It seems I have no reason to look for help.'

Sapphire let out a sigh of relief and stood back up. They continued their walk toward her room, only to find that it may not be her daughter who needs help.
*****
On another area of the mansion. Adonis and Darius are escorting Sakura to the garden. The only sound made by them were the sounds of their steps, other than that; awkward silence.

Both boys knew they would have to start the conversation. Throughout the years, if they wanted to speak to her, they had to look for her. She never once spoke to them first or even looked for them. Rather, she would appreciate not even having a glance of them.

But before any of the brothers could say something. A young and delicate voice spoke.

"I have heard that Uncle Gabriel has taken both of you to the magic tower. How was it there?"

Both boys heard a child like voice and wondered if they imagined it, both would rather think it was a phantom rather than her speaking up to them. Because of their silent confusion Sakura furrows her brows.

"Is it too much of a bother for you guys to tell me? If so, just say so."

'I'm trying here and they look at me as if I have two heads or something. Looks like I have to try having a conversation with them another time.'

"Ah! No! No, sorry. It-it was an amazing experience to be there. Sorry, it was just surprising to hear you speak to us first without a snarky comment."

Adonis elbows his brother and gives him a glare for saying too much. Darius quickly shuts his mouth when he thinks more about what he said.

'You idiot! Why you gotta say so much again! Sakura already hates me for the situation of the maid.'

Darius whole aura became gloomy and Sakura felt like she saw a drooping tail as well as dog ears.

Looking at that Sakura giggles. His appearance reminded her of Phelan who she hasn't seen for close to a year now.

Both boys didn't know what was happening today. But the usual Sakura seem to have changes in that small moment of altercation that happened before breakfast.

"I'm sorry."

"Huh?!"

"Wha-?!"

Again they where flabbergasted with the situation they were in. They look around thinking maybe there was a recording stone around them, and they were in a middle of a prank both Sakura and their sister planed.

"I'm serious."

Sakura smiles warily when seeing their expressions.

'Of course they will find the whole situation unreal. Even I feel awkward.'

When thinking about her sudden change she can only sigh.

'Too much was said today. My emotions burst and almost revealed everything that I never plan to tell anyone.. Having prophesies are something believable, however going back to the past? Ha! They would just think I’m going crazy after the kidnapping incident.'

A tired gaze left her eyes and she looks at the two stunned boys.

'I'm tired. I can already see so many changes, and I'm actually afraid of what's to come from it.'

When thinking about the boys reaction, she begins thinking of Phelan again and ends up sighs once more.

'I learn to tolerate Phelan after so many years, I shouldn't be so hard on this boys who know nothing of what they'll do in the future.'

Gazing at their stunned faces she smiles and gives them a mischievous look.

"What? You guys think your too good for my apology? Wow~ now that hurts."

"Wha-!? No, no! I would never think that. Better yet, there is nothing you have to apologize for! All is good, all is good!"

Darius spoke before Adonis can get a word in and his gloomy appearance quickly turn to that of a happy golden retriever. She smiled and looked behind him to see Adonis.

Contrary to his brother, his gaze return to normal and he looked at her with contemplation. His gaze questioning her changes and the only answer she gives him is a shrug of the shoulder.

'If there is an off chance that they are recalling moments of the past,  Maybe that's why they stick around to me this lives. They must feel some type of connection, I just have to learn how much they may have remembered and how many lives they recalled. But to do that, I need to have a better relationship with them. So may as well try to fix it now than never.’

"I should not have yelled at you the way I did. I don't like you guys and I know you know that. But I shouldn't have been that harsh with you because of the maid incident. I was just too emotional from the incident and allowed it to effect me and I just looked for an outlet to vent on and I just saw you and ended up releasing it on you. It isn't your fault that that happened. So I'm sorry for that. After this incident I learn there is no reason for my dislike for you guys and hope you can forgive my past actions."

Sakura did a light bow to Darius which promptly made him stop when she was just halfway down.

"Don't bow! I understand. And I'm sorry for not thinking about the situation and not finding it strange either. If only I left my room sooner to check then you two would be back home sooner. So I can understand why you got so mad. But you don't have to bow to apologize for it. But if you still think that you need to apologized then this is enough, please."

He smiled was filled with kindness and it reminded her of that one time when he helped her when she tripped. He held her up and smiled kindly at her and tried to reassure her it was a small thing as he brushed the dirt away from her knees. When seeing him being so kind she glared at him and just walked away without even thanking him.

'If I think about it some more, they really tried to get closer to me, yet I never gave them the chance.... haahhh. Even when I told myself I wouldn't allow those passed memories to control my life, in the end I did. They never really done anything to "me." I gave Phelan one? So it is fine to give them one too. Just that I have to accept in the future they may turn their back to me.'

She smiled back at him, yet she didn't notice her smile held a hint of sadness to it.

'I have a few more years to fully accept my abandonment, for now. I just hope to leave a good impression that when they do turn their backs to me, it won't be too painful.'