A Deal. Pt.1

"What!?"

Mihkael rose quickly at the sudden words.

"Please sit down pa. Listen to me first."

"Sakura! How can I be calm!? Why haven't you told us before! If you know a way we should have quickly try it!"

Mihkael wanted her to reveal the whole thing, he didn't want to wait another second in finding a way to cure his wife.

"Calm. Down."

Contrary to the joy and emotional response her father had. She was calm.

"Mihkael. Let's first listen to what she says."

Raphael who grew to understand Sakura even more through the years noticed her demeanor.

'Finding the cure to her mother's ailment, or even heading to an answer to curing her would have normally made anyone as happy as Mihkael, especially since it is her own mother... however, I've seen this look in Sakura. A composed business like image... an image of an outsider who is telling a person a solution they need; but for a price. Sakura right now isn't the one we normally interact with. And I have to bring Mihkael back to a rational level so he notices it as well.'

"But-!"

"Mihk."

Raphael places his hand in his shoulder and lightly taps it three times with his index finger, which does bring Mihkael back to a more stable state.

He glances at Sakura. A silence ensues between them.

"Calm now?"

"... yes."

"Good. Then I'll proceed with what I can for now."

"Wait a moment. Can we have Seraph here to hear it as well. I believe he would like to know what you mean by what you said and why Caspian would have anything to do with finally healing your mother."

"That is fine by me. Bring him over and I will continue."

Both men looked at the other and Raphael nodded to Mihkael which gave a nod back. But before Raphael left, he whispered something to Mihkael and then left.

Now only Sakura and Mihkael remain in the room, with a few hidden guards remaining beside them.

None of the two spoke. Rather, Sakura leisurely took a few bites of cake that was placed before her and Mihkael just remained watching.

'Raphael really does understand Sakura better than me.'

A small self-deprecating smile reached his lips.

'I was consumed at the possibility of finally seeing my precious Aurora awake and walking that I have not even noticed the appearance of Sakura. Not once was there a look of joy or... of anything. Only someone who appears to be speaking of business.

Yet it took a signal from Raphael for me to notice something so obvious. Something he noticed in an instance. Really... what type of father am I? I thought after this years of being beside her I would have finally noticed many things of my jewel. Yet it appears that I have to learm more than ever to reach the level of Raphael's knowledge.'

"Are you ok?"

"Huh?"

"You have that self-scolding look."

"Ah. Do I?"

"Yeah. But I don't see why you should."

"Huh?"

"It is understandable why you reacted like you did. I believe anyone would have reacted like you if they heard a loved one was finally getting treatment for whatever they had that made them horribly sick. So you didn't overreact or did something to be making that face."