I didn't give you permission

Caspian looked at Mihkael holding Sakura close, blatantly displaying dislike in the thought of him patting his daughter. Mihkael stares back at him and opens his mouth "Raphael, take her seat and place it between me and Azrael." He doesn't break eye contact while saying this.

Feeling a bit irk, Caspian holds his tongue. And just smiles at Mihkael, while moving his hand to his sides. The other holy knights didn't hide their displeasure, feeling as if Mihkael was treating them as some type of trash he doesn't want near his daughter. And Joseph didn't hide his thoughts.

"I see that the emperor finds us displeasing. I would have liked it if you would say it before inviting us for dinner."
"I didn't."
"Huh?"
"I didn't invite you guys for dinner, if you guys feel any discomfort, you can go eat in another area."

Mihkael didn't mince his words, and just said what was in his mind, earning a deep sigh from Raphael's lips. Trying to fix up the situation, Raphael turns to the holy knights and smiled.

"I appolagize, our emperor know how to joke around. He meant no real harm."
"Are you sure?" Joseph looks at the emperor of this empire and can see the unwillingness to let them stay and eat emit from him,"from what I can see, the emperor really finds our presence a bother."

Joseph didn't let the situation go and seems to want to push this to something bigger. Raphael can see this and glances at Caspian, wanting him to stop his subordinate before it goes any further.

Caspian notices the glances but acted like he didn't, he was holding a professional smile while allowing this to go on.
Raphael's expression grew a bit dimmer, the butler smile was losing its touch and will soon become a full frown

Azrael was glaring at the holy knights that were backing Joseph, and even more so when he looked at Caspian. He held the top of his sword and waited for any type of signal to go for a fight. Uriel and Gabriel perceives the situation getting worse and sighs. Uriel stands and gains everyone's attention.

"Please, I believe everyone is a bit hungry, and if not, should be civilized to know that a child is missing their dinner because of a spat between adults."

Uriel cast a side glance toward the princess. Everyone else looks and sees the princess angrily looking at her food, her hands reaching out from her fathers arms trying to grab the food to eat, only to be just inches out of reach.

Seeing the child struggle because of her hunger, the people in the room felt guilt and decided to postpone this and just eat. Mihkael felt even worse because this all started from his his own selfishness.

He feels Raphael patting his shoulder and turns to where Raphael was pointing: he put her chair between Mihkael and Azrael.
Mihkael gives a light nod of thank and tries to place her in it, only to fail miserably a few times.

"Pa! Hungury!!" Sakura was even more angry with her father postponing her dinner with his display of not even knowing how to place a child in a seating chair.

Not able to take it anymore. Joseph stands from his chair to try and help, only to earn a scowl from both the princess and emperor.

"Dont look at me like that! I'm trying to help here."
"We don't need it, I'm almost there."
"Almost!? Look at her, she still has a leg over the table. Will you stop until you injure her or something!?"

Joseph was seriously pissed with the treatment he has received in this empire. Normally if he is at home, he is treated as a hero and when traveling, he is admired: only here he receives such treatment, they won't even accept a helping hand!

Being aware that the man is still walking toward them, and hearing the words leave his mouth; Mihkael grinds his teeth and looks directly at Joseph. Joseph pauses and freezes in place when he sees the anger burning in his eyes.