Fallen Ill

"..."

"Here your highness. I brewed it and made it the way you like it."

"... Thanks."

Sakura sat by her balcony and looked out. A few days passed by after that discussion. No one brought it up or said anything to plan for capturing traitors or the sort. No one asked more questions or what her plan is.

'... I haven't seen father since that day...'

"Would you like a slice of cheesecake."

Raphael had already picked the slice from the assortment of sweets in the three tier cake stand.

She just nodded and kept her eyes out. Raphael did not say anything else. He just kept a warm smile but because Sakura has not looked at him once since that incident, she does not see it.

"... why."

"Yes?"

"Why are you all acting like nothing is wrong."

However she could not take the kindness any longer. The way they still treat her well after all she said drives her mad at how it appears like it wasn't anything. It stresses and angers her.

She just feels uncomfortable that not once did any of them barge in to reprimand her or scold her for all the things she hid. It made her feel like they actually did not care about it at all. But at the same time she was relieved. Relieved that they didn't leave her behind because of what they learned, especially Raphael.

"..."

"Are you not mad with how secretive I am? That I kept so much from you guys that could have answered so many questions you all may have had. That I was ready to use people with no remorse for their well being."

But she wanted to get scolded to be hated, she wanted a reason to turn from them and never look back while this place burns. She wanted an excuse to run from this emotions she holds for them.

"..."

"Why are you still treating me the same even when I hid so many twisted things and put an act with you all."

"Sakura."

She flinches and hates how her hearts softens when she hears him says her name. She turns to him and sees his tender smile and eyes that held no judgment or betrayal.

"I am hurt."

"!!"

She smiles in self mockery only to widen her eyes at his next words.

"I'm hurt that you believe just this much will ever push you away from me."

He holds her hand in his. His beautiful long fingers were rough from years of training but to her they felt as soft as silk. How the joints moved gracefully and smoothly distracted her from her thoughts full of disarray.

"I had raised you the day your mother gave you to me with her own hands and entrusted you to me. I would not lie, at the beginning I did it out of duty to both your mother and father when you where still in your mothers womb. However the moment you where in my arms I had felt as if I held the world. You were so tiny and frail, yet cried with such strength."

He watched how Sakura tried to keep her emotions in check but he sees the tears forming in her eyes. His smile showed his love and care and his hand moved to brush away the tears.

"All that you have done or would have done was not by a choice you made happily, but because of fear of a future where you lose everything that you had grown to love. I would never judge you for you actions. But I would if it leads to you endangering your life."