Roses Are Red | Joe Liebgott

High school AU 1944

High school AU
1944

        Juniper bent over her garden and pulled out some weeds. Then wiped some sweat from her forehead.

"You know I can borrow you some weed spray or something?" A deep voice with a hint of a Midwestern accent called. She looked up from her garden and saw where it was coming from.
The obnoxious neighbor boy always causing some sort of a ruckus.

"Yeah? Well, I'm fine," she tossed the weeds aside into a pile standing up. She pushed her brown hair out of her face and crossed her arms. The neighbor boy was tall and thin with short brown hair falling in his face.

"Joe," he walked over holding out his hand, "Joseph Liebgott."

"Juniper Luz, but I'm sure you already knew that," she shook his hand reluctantly. He did know that already, his best friend was Juniper's twin brother.

"You could say I knew your name already doll," Joe smirked at her. He reached to tuck some hair that came out of her braid behind her ear.

"Don't," she put her hand up blocking his hand. He rolled his eyes.

"Don't play hard to get," Joe pouted and crossed his arms taking a step back.

"Okay well Lieb, George is inside. So you can leave me alone or I can tell him his friend is harassing me." Juniper smirked and pointed her finger at him. 

"Joe! What're you doing here?" George pushed the door open interrupting the argument between the two.

"I was Just asking Juniper where I could find you," Joe shot a wink at her.

"Is she being mean?" George asked walking over and pushing his hair out of his face.

"No," Joe giggled and shook his head. He took a glance down at Juniper's chest as she was wearing a button-up.

"Okay well I'm going inside," juniper picked up her pile of weeds and threw them into the garbage can before letting herself in.

"We're you hitting on June?" George looked at his friend.

"Pshh, no. A dame like her must already have a boy." Joe huffed stuffing his hands into his pockets.

"Okay, just don't hit on my sister and she's single but don't take that as an advantage." George looked at his friend.

Juniper stood in her room looking at the jewelry laid on her vanity. She couldn't deny that Joseph was cute and she might have a crush on him.