Little Talks | Baberoe

Babe, young and ambitious didn't know how he got caught at this point in his life

Babe, young and ambitious didn't know how he got caught at this point in his life. Age 23 and finding out he had stage two lung cancer.
Everyone around him was beyond devastated, his friends, his family, and including him. He was a healthy guy he thought.
But it couldn't change where he was now.

"Come on Babe just ask him for his number," Bill argued with his best friend.

"You're so embarrassing he's literally here to make sure the chemo doesn't go wrong." Babe sighed and motioned to the raven-haired man at the nurse's station.

"Babe do you have any idea how much money doctors make?" Bill protested.

"More than you do Bill," Babe rolled his eyes. He felt a cough come up his throat and Guarnere quickly grabbed him some tissues. It wasn't rare for Babe to cough up blood in this state.
Doctor Roe then rushed over.

"Edward are you alright?" He asked looking the redhead in the eyes before looking at the drip bag and the machine.

"Yes," Babes simply answered and took a sip from his water bottle.

"Babe over here is single if you play for that kind of team." Guarnere winked.

"Bill shut up!" Babe slapped his friend in the side then quickly winded himself. Doubling over and coughing harder. Bill quickly gave him another handful of tissues and rubbed his back.
Then handed him the water bottle.

"Do you need anything Edward?" Gene sighed.

"I think I'll be fine," he sighed and disposed of the bloody tissues and used the hand sanitizer placed next to his chair.

"Are you feeling winded? Short of breath?" Eugene asked wanting to make sure he was alright.

"I'm fine, really," Babe assured him and rubbed his eyes. Gene nodded with a smile.

"I'm sure he's got the hots for you doc," Bill laughed. But Babe couldn't deny the smirk and rosy blush Gene was sporting as he walked away.

"Stop you're so embarrassing. If you're going to act like this I might as well take George with. At least he's entertaining." Babe sighed and rubbed his forehead.

"Are you feeling tired?" Bill asked, Babe, nodded and rested his head back on the recliner. If he had to be here for a while at least the hospital supplied comfortable chairs

Bill pushed out Babe in a wheelchair to the car. Babe had fallen asleep during treatment and they decided against not waking him. What Babe didn't know is he chatted up Gene and secured Gene's phone number for him.
Ever since Babe's first appointment to discuss treatments Babe was all over him. Turns out the feelings were mirrored and so did Gene.
Bill opened the door to his truck and gently set Babe in the passenger seat and buckled him. He then got in the driver's seat and started it up taking them home.