Actions Speak Louder Than Words-Baberoe

For Gene everything seemed to always start out like this. But he remembered it starting for the first time. When he'd moved up north to south philly when he was a freshman he made friends with an interesting group. But they all clicked somehow, but it was Bill Guarnere who stuck out the most. Eugene became really close with Bill although, anyone who had two brain cells to rub together would say that was an odd friendship pairing.
Eugene was quiet and kept to himself, already in pre-med classes while juggling his senior year of high school. Gene was just a shy pagan boy who was raised by his pagan healer grandma.
But Bill, oh now Bill was the opposite. He was loud, he had the sports agility, and the girls. But Bill was always called Wild Bill, always doing something stupid but Gene was there to clean up his best friend.

But it just made sense for the two, Gene was often at Bill's house and practically called the Guarneres his own family. So he knew about Bill's younger brother Babe well Edward. But everyone called him Babe, Gene didn't and Babe hated that.
Babe was just a year younger than them, Bill rained ever living hell on his younger brother. But Gene always kinda felt bad for Babe.
But he couldn't deny he thought Babe was pretty.

      "Thanks for taking me home today, you know Bill has lifting club or whatever." Babe sighed as he tossed his bag into Gene's old, rusty orange truck. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday Bill had his lifting club after school meaning Babe needed a ride home from school. Babe could not drive to save his life so he had his license but Mr and Mrs. Guarnere did not want him driving.

"It's no problem Edward," Gene sighed as he put the car in reverse and slowly backed out of the spot.

"Why won't you just call me Babe?" Babe sighed leaning back in the seat of the truck.
Gene just shrugged, he wasn't ever really sure why he did but once he did he just never stopped.

"I don't know? Force of habit?" Gene shrugged and glanced over at the lanky redhead.

"Well change that habit? Can we stop at McDonalds?" Babe quickly interrupted himself as they approached the one near Babes neighborhood.
"That shits bad for you, no." Gene giggled, turning down the street to get to Babes.

"But," Babe started to protest and pouted.

"No," Gene laughed, glancing over at Babe.

"You're so mean," Babe giggled and gently slapped Gene's arm. Gene put the truck in park at the bottom of the Guanrere's family driveway.

"Yeah well I don't let your brother eat that shit either," Gene giggled as Babe unbuckled and they tickled and slapped at each other eventually Babe ending up really close to Gene's face. Babe slowly went in for a kiss then shook his head mumbling a series of sorrys. The tall redhead scrambled out of the car.

"I'm sorry I'll see you tomorrow," Babe shut the door then scrambled up the driveway. Gene sighed and put the car in reverse taking himself home it was his turn to make dinner. Babe and Gene were very familiar with pining for each other. They had kissed once but never talked about it. Babe was too scared to show his feelings for Gene. But oh god did Bill need to not know about any of that. Bill was so protective over Babe he would kill Gene if he hurt his little brother.

      Babe set the table as his mother would be home soon. Bill came down the stairs and gently nudged Bill's shoulder.
"What?" Babe huffed as he set the utensils out.

"What did you make?" Bill grabbed out his after workout shake stuff and started mixing it.

"Can't you just wait?" Babe snapped.

"Woah, what's up your ass?" Bill put his hands up in defense.

"Nothing," Babe was lying. He had a huge crush on Eugene and he was more than 90% sure that Gene didn't reciprocate feelings for him.
Not only that but he was pretty sure Bill would kill Gene if he dated Babe.