Domestic | Joe Toye

Raven gave birth to her and Joes child right before he had to ship out for Toccoa. It was one of Joe's biggest losses. Having to leave knowing he wouldn't know when he got back. His daughter would be grown by then. He also felt bad leaving Raven to raise a newborn all on her own.

Raven sat outside in the front lawn of her and Joes small house. She had Bea in between her legs as she explored the outdoors. When Raven heard almost a month and a half ago that Joe was injured she cried. Prayed for his safe arrival. She knew he had to be home soon.
Bea smiled and babbled to herself as she pulled at the grass. Ravens head shot up as a taxi pulled up and the familiar tall, handsome man climbed out.
Raven picked up Bea and dashed over to help him.

"Joey..." she smiled as he helped him get stable on his crutches.

"Raven," he smiled and kissed her. Raven carefully wrapped her free arm around Joes shoulders as they didn't pull their kisses away.

"Let's go inside we have so much to talk about," Joe smiled. He sniffed and wiped from tears before following his wife inside.

Raven helped Joe to the couch, "Do you want any coffee babes?"

"No I'm okay hun," Joe nodded as he rested easily on the once familiar couch.
Bea turned and hid her face in Ravens shoulder.

"Hey don't be shy, that's your daddy," Raven smiled and sat next to Joe.

"She probably doesn't even remember me," Joe sighed and looked down.

"Hey don't talk about yourself like that. A child always knows their parents." She nodded and put Bea in Joes lap.

"Hey pumpkin," Joe smiled and looked down at the smaller human. Bea waved shyly, "You look just like your mom."

"She's got your deep brown eyes Hun." Raven leaned on the couch watching them. Joe was so gentle with the young girl. Raven couldn't even begin to process what Joe had been through and seen.

After a bit of Raven and Joe playing with Bea she got tired and Raven laid her down for a nap. They headed to their room. Embarrassed enough, Joe let her help him change out of his OD's
Joe laid back on the bed and Raven climbed up next to him and tucked her body into them. The perfect way they fit together.

"I'm sorry I'm not whole anymore." Joe said out of the blue.

"I don't care that you only have one leg. I care that you're alive." Raven kissed his cheek.
Joe sighed and ran his hands through Ravens hair.

"Well what if I can't help raise Bea the way I should be able to?" Joe sighed.

"No because you're going to do a damn good job. I know you can, remember when we had to babysit my moms dog? You did a damn good job then." Raven stifled a laugh than ran her hand through Joes silky hair.

"That was a dog," Joe smiled turning his head to look at her.

"So. My mom loves Benji more than she loves me." She kissed the tip of Joes nose and ran her hand up Joes shirt.

"Yeah," Joe nodded. Raven ran her fingers down the waistline of his pants, "No." Joe grabbed her wrist gently.

"Oh sorry," she sighed looking down slightly embarrassed.

"I just...i love you and you're beautiful. And stunning but every time I realize that." He motioned to his right leg, "I get turned off."

"It's okay. No I'm sorry," Raven started to get up.

"Don't leave me," Joe blushed and pulled Raven back in by her waist, "We're going to stay in this bed for the rest of the day. Unless Bea wakes up."

"I'd be more than happy by this decision." She giggled and leaned back into him. Joe kissed below her ear.

"I love you," Joe mumbled.

"I love you too," Raven mumbled back.