How To Mess Up With A Soulmate (Pt. 2) | Baberoe

Joe and David were a year out of high school. Living together in a small apartment in Cambridge. Joe was both sad and excited to leave Frisco'. Granted Gene and Babe shared the same apartment as Gene was in the Harvard Med program. David, majoring in literature.
Babe sang to himself, tone deaf as ever as he made everyone breakfast.

"Joe's lucky he's completely deaf. Heffron over here can't sing for shit." David spoke and signed at the same time.

"Well at least his sign is better than it was in high school," Joe signed and offered David a smile before sipping his coffee.

"Yeah well I still gotta deal with his off key singing," Gene smiled and messed with his hearing aids as he sat at the table.

"Maybe I'll just eat all the pancakes myself!" Babe pouted as he brought the stack of pancakes to the table.

"We're kidding Edward," Gene kissed his cheek, "I hate to skip your pancakes but I'm going to be late to my lab."

"Leaving already? Take a pancake with you on the road." Joe snickered and sent Babe a wink.

"Shut it Lieb," Gene plucked a pancake off the top of the stack and shoved it into a zip lock bag. Then shoved it in his bag.

"By Gene i love you," Babe smirked and pulled Gene down for a kiss. Gene just nodded and jogged out. Once Babe heard the door close and he sighed.
"Guys do you think Genes acting weird? Almost distant?"

"I mean he's really busy with lining up his residency and getting into the med program is a big deal." David started rambling and signing.

"Yeah he seems to be distancing himself but I don't think he's doing it on purpose." Joe signed and shrugged before cutting another piece off his pancake.

"Best thing is just to talk to him about it when you see him today." David suggested.

"Yeah I just hope he doesn't want to break up with me. I mean like ever since he said those words and they disappeared on my skin I just fell so in love." Babe frowned.

"I've tried to break up with Web three times now and the universe won't let it happen." Joe giggled at his own comment.

"Joey!" David signed then slapped Joes arm.

"I'll just talk to him tonight when we lay down for bed." Babe frowned and dismissed himself from the table. He had to work anyways, he laid down on Genes side of the bed. He pulled Genes pillow into his chest. Babe smiled at the smell of Genes after shave and shampoo.
He needed to figure out why Gene was distancing himself.

Babe bent down and clipped the leash to a dogs collar, "Hey Lew?" Babe sighed and let the pitbull pull him over to Lew.

"What's up Heffron?" Lew sighed and flipped through the paperwork.

"I just I'm having some relationship issues." Babe bent down and pet the brown dog. Babe grabbed a treat up off the counter.

"What's going on?" Nix shut his binder and turned in the office chair to look at him.

"Well I was really excited when Gene asked me to move with him when he got into Harvard. But lately he's been really distant, not saying i love you back. I know he's busy because getting into like a med program is hard but especially at Harvard."

"Babe get to the point," Lew sighed and pet the dog as Babe taught him how to shake.

"Well I don't know if I did something wrong or if he wants to break up?" Babe frowned and let the dog tackle Babe in kisses. Babe giggled and hugged the dog.