Hallmark For The Gays | Luztoye

Joe rolled George over in bed

       Joe rolled George over in bed. They had just graduated from high school that afternoon.

"Georgie I need to tell you something." Joe sighed and looked at him.

"What Joey?" George whined and kissed his cheek.

"Give me two seconds I need to tell you something, Hun." Joe pinned George down and George giggled.

"But I want you," George pouted.

"I enlisted in the army," Joe sighed and sat back on George's bed.

"What," George sat up and grabbed Joe's hands.

"Are you mad?" Joe looked at George.

"I thought we were going to move to Washington together..." George sighed and looked at them.

"George I obviously want that and I want to be with you but this is important to me." Joe tried to explain. George started but he could feel the tears pushing.

"But! We! I have a lease for an apartment for us." George stopped and rubbed his eyes.

"My mom really wanted me to. You know' she served in the Air Force for a while.

"And my dad is high up in the military I know what this involves and I don't know if I can do the long-distance..." George explained.

"George stop I'm going to do this." Joe stood up.

"Then I can't be with you." George looked down. They had been together since freshman year. Joe looked down.

"Okay..." he whispered.

"Goodbye Joe," George spoke and wiped his eyes. Joe sighed and walked out of George's room.
How could this be it for them? They had so much impact on each other and had been side by side the whole time.

But just like fate, they'd cross paths again. But under odd circumstances.
Joe had been deployed twice and the second time would be his last. He was caught in the wrong place and wrong time. He lost his right leg and was dragged back to the states.
After two months he didn't want to be alive anymore. He didn't have George, he was living with his parents.
He did anything he could to avoid Ron and Carwood at any cost. He didn't need George to know about this, let alone want him to see him like this.

Joe exited his house cursing under his breath as he relied on his cane and held his dogs leash in the other hand.
He used the rail on his parent's steps to take his steps now.

"Pookie slow down." Joe sighed as his dog pulled him down the steps. Pookie was a sweet pitbull, she needed Joe as much as Joe needed her.
Joe sighed when they reached the bottom of the steps. His friend Bill pulled up to join them on the walk. Joe had met him while deployed and Bill was there for Joe every step of the way.

"Morning Toye," Bill smiled as he shut his door then bent down to pet the three-legged dog, "Good mornin' Pookie."

"Let's get moving my mom wants me to help make lunch." Joe sighed.