Long Roads Ahead | Baberoe/OC

Babe always felt like he was running from something and now he felt like his running could stop.

He finally had found a permanent happiness, between four walls of a comfortable suburban neighborhood. His two husbands and their dog.

Babe sat in the backseat of Gene's new Subaru as they were driving up to Vermont for just a small trip.
Graham wanted to go visit his parents grave site, they had decided to make a small trip of it.
They had reservations at a nicer restaurant and got a honeymoon sweet at a nice hotel for the night. Then some planned sight seeing the next day.

Babe was content with his life, squished in the back of said Subaru. Graham and Gene bickering in the front over which gas station they're going to stop at. The golden retriever rested on Babe's legs asleep.
They weren't perfect, near from it. But all those bad days were outweighed by the good ones.

Instead of thinking about the days Gene is too tired to function and his blood sugar is so low he might as well be dead. Or the days Graham couldn't move his hands and his whole body ached. When Babe would go nonverbal after a bout with his ptsd from his mom.

They'd think about how proud they were the day Gene graduated with his doctorate in medicine. Or the day Graham finally was hired on by the FBI as a profiler. The days where Babe was now a proud stay at home mom to his goat children and dog.

"We're almost here," Graham smiled, turning to look at Babe, "Look at this town name. Mosquittoville, this place sucks!"

Babe found himself with his head thrown back laughing at Graham's stupidest joke of this trip.

This is what kept him grounded and content. Graham's stupid jokes, Gene's soft touches and his way he's quick to rationalize everything.
This is how it was supposed to be, Babe had no want in life to run from it.

Instead he wanted to run face first into a pool of the unknown with the two people he loved most.

They had taught each other what love really meant and for that Babe could say he was healed.