Finally-Webgott

Small Drabble for this head canon: Pride-themed webgott HC: California finally legalized same-sex relationships in 1973. Imagine David coming home to the apartment they've been sharing since 1946 with the paper being like, holy shit Joe they legalized homosexuality and Joe deadpan being like, "great we can finally go steady". By my wonderful friend Sam!

     Joe sat at the table of the apartment, book in one hand cigarette hanging loosely in the other. He brought the cigarette to his mouth as David threw the door open. Newspapers opened in one stack of mail in the other.

The pair had been living together since they both arrived home after the war.

It took about a month for both of them to decide they had unfinished business with the other.

Of course they just played each other off as being the other's best friend and that's why they lived together. Joe didn't plan to end up like this with David.

Joe did really love him but god did David get annoying.

"Joe! Joe!" David shut the door and ran to the table.

"What Web?" Joe dead panned, shutting his book and directing his attention to his boyfriend. They had been 'boyfriends' for 27 years since homosexuality was still illgal.

"They legalized gay marriage!" David showed the other man the newspaper.

"Great, we can finally go steady." Joe deadpanned looking back up at David.

David shook his head and kissed Joe's cheek.

"I'm just fucking with you, come here." Joe giggled, pulling Web into his lap and kissed David's cheek.

"Now that I'm 57 and wrinkly and my hair is slowly turning gray they'll legalize gay marriage." Joe sighed, wrapping his arms around Web's waist.

"You're pretty hot for an old man," Web ran his hand through Joe's salt and pepper hair.

"You're 56 David," Joe smirked.

"Well it's not 57, but maybe we can finally merge our insurance." David leaned back.

"No David, that's what happens when you get married." Joe stood them both up, "Let's start dinner sharkie."

"Fine, maybe we can be all couple-ey with the curtains open!" David opened the fridge.

"Yeah it might've been legalized but I don't think people are going to like seeing it. Let alone a gay jew and a gay journalist." Joe shrugged.

"You're right," David looked down at his lap.

"We'll go to Pride next month okay?" Joe turned and held David's hands.

"Okay." David smiled.