Hanukkah | Joe Liebgott

Tumblr Request: Could I get headcanons of Joseph celebrating jewish holidays with his family? Like before and after the war? Could include Webgott too💕🥰? And a oneshot of Joseph Liebgott trying to celebrate Hanukkah during Bastogne if it's not too much?

A/N: I hope the representation was correct I did some research. Also some of it isn't time period accurate but shhhh.
Also, if you're interested being on a taglist fill out this form!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZedNGf0uu7291uhpvNtjjF056Z-awmqckszZcfk1Z8k/viewform?edit_requested=true

Head Canons:

•Your family and the Liebgott's were family friends from synagogue. Sometimes you guys did holiday celebrations together. Hell, you even went to Joes bar-mitzvah and he went to your bat-mitzvah.

•Once high school came around you and Joe established feelings that you were having with each other. You guys were practically high school sweet hearts.

•Your first Hanukkah together was memorable. Each night you would light the menorah, eat his Ma's latke's, and play dreidel together like you did as kids.

•On the eighth night you guys share a single gift with each other. It wasn't much but you both were coming out of the Great Depression. Joe had gotten you a necklace with a small gold locket on it, the back his initials were carved into it.
You had a similar thought and got him a gold band with your name engraved on the inside. A promise ring of sorts.

•When Joe enlisted you both went back and forth with each other.

•Against his fighting and protesting you enlisted as a medic.

Oneshot (An extension):

"Look what I snagged from the church," you dropped down into your foxhole next to Lieb. You guys had been in Bastogne for about two weeks and things were scarce but you two wanted to find a way to celebrate Hanukkah.
You held up a pack of matches, "It's not much but I figured we could make it work."

"It's perfect, as close we can get it to perfect." Lieb leaned over and kissed your cheek, "I wish I could've got you something."

"No it's okay Joe don't even sweat it love." You hummed as you stuck nine matches into the dirt on the side of the foxhole. You weren't able to get matches until the last day but it still meant a lot to the both of you.
You finished and Joe fished his lighter from his pocket and began to light the candles.
Once he finished you two snuggled up together in the foxhole watching the flames.

"I'm sorry we're not home," Joe nuzzled himself into your neck. You sighed removing your helmet and setting it on your lap.

"It's okay, I'm just uh. Glad we're both here and alive." You frowned and pushed some more of your messy h/c hair out of your face.
You were in desperate need of a haircut and a shower.
Imagine any human needs and they were gone.

"Next time we're gonna be home I know we will. Fuck. Y/N marry me?" Lieb looked at you intertwining his gloved hands with yours.

"Yes, yes, over and over again." You sniffed knowing tears might begin to prick.

"We can get married the moment we get back to Frisco? Okay?" He kissed your forehead.

"Yes of course I'd marry you right now! I'm sure one of the guys are able-" you babbled on.

"No I want it to be special. Not in this...fuckin' purgatory." Joe looked around then back at you.

"Okay, I'll wait as long as we need. As long as you want liebling." You ran a hand through Joes dark brown hair, "Happy Hanukkah my love."

"Happy Hanukkah my liebling." Joe pulled you close into his chest peppering kisses all over your hair and resting his head on the top of yours.