Bodyguard | Joe Liebgott

"I don't need you to walk me back to my barrack." Maggie huffed as she watched some what ahead of Joe.

"Hey Winters said to walk you back before our patrol shift started. Fuck Maggie you think I wanna waste my time. Women aren't even supposed to be in the army." Joe rolled his eyes.

"I worked hard to get here! You think that you're the only person I haven't heard that shit from." Maggie stopped and grabbed Joes wrist tight, "I earned my spot." She let go and it was his turn to grab her wrist.

"Yeah well your a bit of a damsel in distress." Joe looked at her with his brown eyes squinted and a smug smile on.

"Do you think I ask for those pigs from Dog Company to come and harass me? I don't need you to walk me back." She pulled her wrist from his grip and slapped him. She sighed and jogged back to her barrack.

Joe sighed and walked back out to where Grant was waiting for Joe. He rubbed at his cheek and sighed.
"Women," he rolled his eyes.

"You have to be nice to her Lieb. She works just as hard as we do." Chuck kicked at gravel as they walked to their post.

"Yeah I know, it doesn't help that she's the most beautiful dame ever." Joe huffed and took a drink from his canteen before reaching for a cigarette. He was falling head over heals but his way of showing affection wasn't the best.

Maggie kicked at some gravel as she had gone a separate way from Joe on her patrol that night.
She sighed as a cigarette loosely dangled from her mouth. She heard leaves rustled and gripped her rifle tight and looked around.
Before she could get ahold of him a kraut wrapped his arms around Maggie and kicked her out at the knees.

"Fucking bastard," Maggie mumbled and grabbed her bayonet from her side and wiped herself around dragging it down his leg. He yelled something in German and she saw Joe came running.
Joe shot him on sight and then grabbed her checking her over for any wounds.

"Damnit Maggie I'm sick of having to save you!" Joe yelled.

"Well I didn't ask you did I!?" She yelled at him.
Maggie had blood and mud splattered on her from the occasion.

"He could've fucking killed you!" Joe pointed his side arm at the lifeless kraut.

"I had him myself, I would've been fine." She rolled her eyes and Joe pulled her in for a kiss. Maybe he did hate her at the moment but he knew he loved her. Even if he didn't want to admit it.
They pulled away from each other.

"Fuck. Sorry." Joe took a few steps back.

"Do it again," Maggie smirked and then attacked him with another kiss. He blushed gently and they heard more leaves get crunched.

"Shit we need to get back," Joe whispered and she nodded jogging after him.
Winters sighed waiting for them to get back to switch patrols.

"Protch are you alright?" Dick asked as they came into view.

"I got attacked by a kraut sir. I'm fine it was his blood not mine." She sighed.

"Walk her back to her barrack Liebgott." Winters nodded at them.

"Yes Sir," he nodded and Joe walked close to Maggie.

"I'm sorry I've been so rude to you," she pulled out a cigarette and lit it.

"Fuck. I should be the one apologizing." Joe sighed as his hand brushed hers. Maggie took a drag than handed it to Joe.

"Yeah maybe," she smirked.

"Don't push it Protch," Joe smirked and took a drag.