Baby Daddys | Baberoe

Gene had gotten home from a long shift at the hospital to even maybe a longer job as he opened the door. He kicked off his shoes then saw a toddler high tail it into the kitchen. Julianne came running towards Gene. He bent down and pet the husky, "What's mom doin?" He asked the dog. Julianne barked and Gene smiled.

"Albert! Get back here!" Babe chased after their son. Gene sighed and walked in to observe the mess.
He looked into the kitchen and saw flour all over the counter.

"Sorry Geneie we were trying to make cookies for you." Babe rested Albert on his waist as he came from down the hall. Albert had a mess of the white substance all over him while Babe was misted in it from trying to clean up after him.

"It's okay Edward," Gene sighed and kissed Babes cheek, "Why don't you go give him a bath and I'll clean it up?"

"No Genie I don't want you to have to come home and do more work." Babe frowned, then like on cue. Delphine started crying, "I just laid her down for a nap."

"Here I'll go check on Delphi and you start a bath for Albert then we can switch if I can't get her to lay down okay?" Gene frowned. Babe nodded and they both headed upstairs.

Gene walked into the nursery closely followed by Julianne and sighed as she wailed. Gene picked her up and cradled her.

"chut ma douce," Gene whispered and swayed gently. (hush sweet one) she started to stop crying and opened her big green eyes and looked up at Gene.
"Hey Delphi," Gene smiled, "Wanna go see Mom?"
She babbled and Gene smiled. He walked down the hall to the bathroom.

"Babe?" Gene called outside the door, "Okay coming." Babe came out and took Delphine from Gene.

"I started reading Albert this book," Babe nodded to the book sitting on the bathroom counter.

"Okay, thank you hun." Gene kissed Babes cheek.
Gene sat down on the stool next to the tub and began reading.

"Okay Delphi," Babe hummed and went into the nursery and grabbed the chest baby carrier. He laid her on the changing table and put it on and stuck her in there. "Come on Julianne let's go clean up our mess." He called the dog as they walked out of the room.

"Aren't you excited for Dad to be home?" Babe talked mindlessly to Delphi why he wiped up the counters. Delphi babbled back at Babe and made grabby hands at everything.

Once Babe had finished cleaning up he walked over to the treat jar and grabbed one for Julianne.

"Asseoir Julianne," Babe smiled and watched as the husky sat and he gave him the treat, "You're such a good boy."

"Thanks," Gene smiled and wiped his forehead as he came down the stairs, "I got Albert to lay down for a short nap."

"Thank you so much Genie," Babe kissed his husband gently. Delphi yawned and they watched as she started to nod off.

"Anything for you," Gene smiled and took Delphi out of her baby carrier, "I'll go lay her down quick."
Babe nodded and removed the carrier. He set it on the floor and sat down on the couch. Babe smiled as Julianne laid down and rested his head on the ground.

"You tired too Jules?" He asked the dog and he closed his eyes almost agreeing with Babes statement. Then Gene came down the stairs quietly and over to the couch.
"How was work?" Babe asked as Gene laid in between Babes legs and let his arm fall to the side to pet Julianne.

"It was stressful, had one trauma case but other than that pretty average." Gene shrugged and rubbed his eyes.

"You should take a well deserved nap," Babe hummed and ran his fingers through Genes hair.

"Well what about you, you're home with the kids every day. I feel like I don't do enough." Gene frowned and turned to look at Babe.

"Hey, no you do a lot for us Genie." Babe frowned, "Just as much or more as I do."

"But you should get to take a nap," Gene hummed.

"Or both of us could the baby monitor is right there." Babe nodded over to the little hand held device propped up on the lamp shade.

"Okay good deal," Gene pulled a blanket off the backrest of the couch and covered them up. He snuggled into Babe but both of them were out cold. It's what they deserved.