ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

━━🌹 ━━ 

━━🌹 ━━ 

"ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀᴠᴇɴ ᴏɴ ᴇᴀʀᴛʜ."

ꜱᴀɴᴋᴇᴛ

━━🌹 ━━ 

Perhaps we should take this conversation elsewhere, the Demon King murmurs very softly and wasting not another second, I feel my body fall asleep as my mind is dragged somewhere else.

And where exactly are you taking me? I question suspiciously as my vision turns white.

A place I always dream of, the ruler of the Demon race replies quietly as my vision clears to show me dark fields and skies, a pale moon, but no Demon King. And I myself don't see my own body.

How beautiful, I hum before I can stop myself.

This is where I first met her, the Demon King says quietly as the gentle breezes tug at the empty branches of the trees surrounding us.

Oriana, his wife.

I growl, You have no right to speak of her.

I have every right, the Demon King growls back immediately. I have the right to speak of my wife who changed and decided that choosing the Goddess race before her own people was her best option. I have the right to speak of my Queen who neglected both her husband and sons, who abandoned the Demon race.

You lost your chance to be a great King and father the moment you determined that all of the races were lower than us Demons and turned your sons into weapons of war, I snap.

The Demon King laughs bitterly. Still the same as ever, I see.

Unfortunately, it seems to be the same case with you, I retort.

One heart left, (Y/n), the Demon King whispers.

You greedy bastard, I snarl. My power is the only thing you ever wanted from me.

Not entirely true. I wanted you to marry my son.

My heart beats a little faster in shock at this abrupt confession so I say, You only wanted that so we could become an unstoppable force against the Goddess race.

The two of you worked well together, the Demon King insists. If you had just married—

My hearts—heart beats for Meliodas because he's my best friend, I interrupt the bastard. And he feels the exact same way for me. But his hearts stop completely for the love of his life, Elizabeth. Do you understand now?