ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

━━🌹 ━━ 

━━🌹 ━━ 

"ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ɢᴏ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴛᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇᴀᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴍɪꜱꜱᴇᴅ."

ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴄʀɪᴘᴛ

━━🌹 ━━ 

When I was younger, when I was still living in the Demon realm with my parents and the Royal Demon family, this was a question I always wondered if someone would ask me one day. I knew I would say yes to whoever asked me because they wouldn't ask me unless they loved me, right?

But this is different, this is so much more complicated. Because this isn't just anyone asking me. This is the leader of the Ten Commandments and the youngest son of the Demon King. And I know he isn't really asking me this with a rational mind.

"No," I give him my answer.

Zeldris immediately pulls away, armoured hands on either side of my shoulders, but he doesn't look hurt. Instead, his dark eyes are full of understanding and he has a small grin on his face.

"I knew you would say that," he whispers as he gently massages my shoulders. "And it wasn't exactly romantic, was it?"

"Not now," I mumble. "Ask me when the war is over, when your father is in the grave, when the next crowned Demon King has proven to be prudent, when we're finally free from all of this chaos."

Zeldris cocks his head to the side. "That's a long list of very difficult tasks to complete."

I mirror his actions and raise an eyebrow, a challenge for him to do exactly that.

It takes a couple of seconds but when the Demon Prince finally realises what I'm hinting at, his grin turns into a nasty smile. He places both of his hands on my cheeks and brings me closer.

"Well, well, well," he says quietly, his breath ghosting over my lips. "Pretty little (Y/n) has proposed a challenge."

"And will you accept it?" I question firmly.

"Yes," the response immediately comes.

Giggling, I pull away and poke his nose. "Now, I have something else I have to deal with."

"Lenora," Zeldris says what is on my mind. "There's nothing going on between the two of us."

"You may see it that way, but—" I stop to lick the bottom of my lips. "Lenora may be hiding her feelings for you."