ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ

━━🌹 ━━ 

━━🌹 ━━ 

"ɢᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴍʏ ꜱᴏᴜʟ."

ɴɪᴄᴋ ᴊᴏɴᴀꜱ

━━ 🌹 ━━ 

"I suppose I should have known that this would eventually happen," the wife of the Demon King murmurs as she slowly turns around to face me, unnerved by my shadows surounding her.

But I say nothing to this.

I think your scars are beautiful.

I will keep my promise to you, Arica. I will keep (Y/n) safe and ensure that nothing happens to her.

I had so much trust and faith in Lenora, but all of that has been wiped away in just a matter of seconds. Because this isn't just Lenora we're talking about anymore. I've also got the Queen of the Demon race right in front of me.

But how the hell is she still alive? Did she actually manage to escape Mael the Archangel? But Mael himself boasted that he had her blood dripping from his hands when he dropped and left her body with the rest of the fallen Demons.

But since she did make it, where has she been this entire time? Why was she roaming the streets of the Demon realm if her two youngest sons were just a few miles away in the palace? Why did she not go back home to them?

Does the Demon King even know she's alive? No, that wouldn't be possible. He would destroy the whole of Purgatory just to get out and hunt her down and make sure that he himself kills her. Or he would have ordered the Ten Commandments to complete this job for him.

But most importantly, what are we meant to do right now?

"What gave it away?" the sweet voice draws me back into the present.

"Darling (Y/n)," I mutter.

"Sorry?"

"Darling (Y/n)," I snap. "You said 'darling (Y/n)'. You were the only one who ever called me that."

Damn, I didn't mean to react like that.

Lenora—Oriana winces. "Ah, I see. That makes sense."

"I only have one question for you," I say flatly as I drag myself out of my bed. "And you better answer it."

"Go on," Oriana whispers.

"Are you still in league with the Demon King?"

She full-on flinches as she grabs the pendant around her neck but a second later, the room darkens even with my shadows and the Demon Queen's demeanour suddenly changes.