ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ

━━ 🌹 ━━

━━ 🌹 ━━

"ʏᴏᴜ ʙʀɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ʟɪꜰᴇ

ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴀʟʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ᴏꜰ ʟᴏᴠᴇ."

ʙᴇʙᴇ ʀᴇxʜᴀ

━━ 🌹 ━━

The first thing I think of when my mind wakes up is, Who just spoke to me right now?

Because that most certainly was not Zeldris, my father, or the Demon King. Or anyone I know.

Let's just say an old acquaintance, (Y/n) of the Dark Shadows, the voice instantly answers me. It seems you didn't say all of the words you needed to say for your last heart to perish. Very sly yet ingenious.

They figured out my plan in just a matter of seconds. But how did they do this?

Who the hell are you? I demand firmly.

And what exactly is it that I promised them?

To be honest, I'm quite hurt you don't recognise me. Then again, we will see each other soon.

And just like that, the unfamiliar presence in my head disappears.

My tired eyes sluggishly blink open and I quickly sit up on whatever I'm lying down on, my gaze wandering across the new room I'm in.

I've never been here before. Despite staying at Camelot's castle for so long, I still haven't fully discovered everything in it.

I swiftly jump off the bed, turn back to it and raise my hands, silently calling out to my magic. Whispering words of an ancient spell my mother taught me when I was younger, I feel some of my power seep out of me as the spell creates a figure.

When I'm finally done, I stare at the figure lying on the bed and openly shiver at the strange sight. There on the bed is a copy of me. One that will eventually fade away but not for a while.

"I really hope I don't have to use this spell again," I mutter as I tidy up my (y/h/c) hair.

The moment I say this, the handle of the door to the room starts to rattle and I immediately take a couple of steps back with both of my hands across my chest.

"Remnant Veil," I say as quietly as I can and my magic swiftly blends my entire body with the rest of the room before concealing itself within me. Now, no one will know I was ever here.

The door comes flying open and my heart flutters when I see Oriana run into the room and come to a sharp halt next to my copy.

"No, no, no," she whimpers as she brings her shaking slender hands to my copy's faded cheeks. "But how? Prince Meliodas didn't die. We would have felt it if he did!"