ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ

━━ 🌹 ━━

━━ 🌹 ━━

"ɪ ᴄᴀɴ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ ꜱᴍᴀʟʟ ᴅᴏꜱᴇꜱ.

ʟᴏᴠɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ, ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴇxᴘʟᴏꜱɪᴠᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜɪꜱ."

ʙᴇʙᴇ ʀᴇxʜᴀ

━━ 🌹 ━━

There's another part to my curse, isn't there? I ask, my voice drifting off into the dark landscape.

The Demon King chuckles deeply. In addition to your immortality, growing magical powers, and loss of hearts, yes. Yes, there is, (Y/n) of the Dark Shadows.

What have you done to my last heart? I demand and I'm not exactly sure where to look since I'm surrounded by darkness. I don't seem to be physically here but rather mentally.

If you ever say those three words, your last heart will cease to exist.

You bastard, I snarl as I feel my magic whip around in anger. If I say those words, I lose the one thing that's allowing me to say them in the first place.

I said I would make you suffer, and that is what I intend to do, the Demon King's voice rumbles around me. Look at what you have done to my youngest son right now. Instead of leading the Ten Commandments, the boy has fallen head over heels for you and cannot concentrate on his duties. And you have also made him promise to bring an end to me. Now, (Y/n), why would you do such a terrible thing?

I hate you, I growl. I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you.

The feeling is mutual. Time is running out, (Y/n) of the Dark Shadows. A chaotic laugh fills my head. What are you going to do?

Screaming in fury, I shoot up in my bed, awake, my hands flailing around madly.

"Easy there!" a familiar voice soothes me and gentle fingers bring down my arms. "Easy, (Y/n)."

My eyelids slowly flicker open to see the youngest son of the Demon King sitting by my bedside, staring at me with worry.

"Zel," I whimper pathetically and he immediately leans across the bed to pull me in for a hug.

"You're OK," he whispers. "I'm here."

If you ever say those three words, your last heart will cease to exist.