ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

━━🌹 ━━ 

━━🌹 ━━ 

"ɪ'ᴍ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴍɪɴᴇ."

ʟᴇᴡɪꜱ ʙʟɪꜱꜱᴇᴛᴛ

━━🌹 ━━ 

"Too slow."

One quick jump.

"Too rash."

One swift dodge.

"Too predictable. Is this really everything your father has taught you?"

Heaving in a deep breath, I try my hardest not to snap back and instead bite the insides of my cheeks, saying gruffly, "Yes, my Prince."

"Which basically amounts to nothing then," the eldest son of the Demon King says coldly as he drives his sword into the earthy ground beside him.

"If that's what you think, so be it," I say monotonously as I put my dagger back into its sheath.

"What I think?" Prince Meliodas says quietly as his lip twitches slightly. "You still believe your skills are adequate enough?"

"I never said that," I immediately say.

"But you're thinking it," he points out, tapping the side of his head with a gloved finger before crossing his arms. "Mother was right; you're different."

I pout at this. "Different how?"

"You act pathetic but at the same time courteous so that you don't appear a threat in the Demon court," he replies. "Sly, yet brilliant. But your beautiful looks can't hide what you truly are."

"What I truly am?" I question, ignoring the first part of his statement.

"Something dangerous," the leader of the Ten Commandments elaborates. "Something dark, something terrible, something screaming out to be set free."

Unable to stop myself, I snort, "Are you sure you're not talking about yourself?"

My mouth nearly drops open when I see the Demon Prince flinch ever so slightly. "Next time you speak like that, I'll cut your tongue out."

I can feel myself smirking as I tease, "When I speak the truth, you mean?"

He starts to smirk himself but there is no amusement in it. "The Demon King said to train you as a warrior, so of what use will your tongue be in battle? Might as well get rid of it now."