ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

Author's notes: Anddddd I am back everyone!

First things first, I absolutely love the place I am meant to go for Uni and I managed to find two places I can stay at! Looks like I will stay at one of the places for six months and then the other place for another six months. Because of the current situation with Corona and all, it's been really difficult finding places but I'm so glad I found a place before classes start.

Secondly, I realised after I re-edit my published chapters, certain comments are not linked to the sentences I have changed. And I only realised this after editing a couple of chapters which really annoyed me because I really like seeing your comments in certain parts of the story. I will try to make sure the chapters are in tip-top condition when I publish them so as to make sure that I don't have to edit them again!

Thirdly, thank you so much for all the votes and comments while I was away! Over 600 votes? Damn, thank you guys!

Please enjoy the brand new chapter! ❤

"ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ʙʟᴇᴇᴅɪɴɢ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ꜰɪʟʟ ᴜᴘ ᴀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ."

ʀᴜɴᴀɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ

"I think anyone from any race would have taken that as a compliment," Elizabeth coos as she watches my face turn redder by the second.

"Probably," I say, chuckling.

When I turn to her to see her expression, I nearly come to a screeching halt when I see her shining blue earring. The same earring I gave Meliodas sixteen years ago, the same one the Demon Queen gave to me so that she could keep an eye on me. Damn, how could I have forgotten about it?

"Elizabeth," I say as I slow down and then stop. "May I have a quick look at your earring?"

"Of course," she immediately complies as I gently set her down to her feet. She takes off the earring and hands it over to me.

"Thank you," I murmur, placing it in the middle of my palm and bringing it closer to my face to get a better look. 

"Is there something wrong, (Y/n)?" Elizabeth asks, gaze flickering from the blue earring to me.

Within this jewellery, there is no magic except for— 

"Merlin," I breathe as I pull away. Yet again, the Sin of Gluttony has impressed me with her powers. She has managed to cut off all magical ties with Oriana which means there is no way that Oriana will be able to see through the earring. So both Oriana and Zeldris will still believe that I am dead.

"(Y/n)?" Elizabeth calls out my name again.

"Apologies," I cough out, happy that she did not hear me say Merlin's name. "It is a beautiful piece of jewellery, Elizabeth."

"Thank you," Elizabeth says shyly as she puts the earring back on. "Oh dear, it seems we lost the group again."

I turn to the direction where we last saw the Seven Deadly Sins and it seems Elizabeth is correct; none of them are in sight.

Sighing, I say, "My fault again. But don't worry. We can catch up with them." 

Before Elizabeth can react, I sweep her off her feet again, carrying her the same way I was holding her before, and then take off once again.

"(Y/n), you really don't have to carry me," Elizabeth insists.

I let out a small giggle. "But this is so much more fun, don't you agree Beth?"