ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜱɪx

Author's notes: Sooooo tired after cleaning up an Airbnb, but I needed the money to buy some bookshelves for the books I will most certainly be buying in Uni :) Wanna know a little more about you guys; what kind of books do you read?

Other than that, please enjoy the new chapter! ❤

"ɪ ɢᴏᴛ ɪꜱꜱᴜᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏɴᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ɪꜱ ʜᴏᴡ ʙᴀᴅ ɪ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ." 

ᴊᴜʟɪᴀ ᴍɪᴄʜᴀᴇʟꜱ

My eyes burn painfully as the Sin of Wrath announces, "We finally made it here, the fortified city of Coland."

He still hasn't let go of my hand ever since we headed outside of the tavern with the rest of the group and judging by all the looks I am getting, they heard everything. Slightly embarrassing. 

"Alright," Meliodas says cheerfully. "Let's get to it then. Time to take out that dimensional distortion and storm Camelot. The Seven Deadly Sins are back in action."

"Captain?" Escanor calls out gently. "There's someone out on the bridge."

Frowning, Meliodas and I look over to the empty bridge and see a small, dark figure at the entrance.

"Zel," I breathe as my hand slips away from Meliodas's.

"Did you come all this way for Elizabeth's sake?" the youngest son of the Demon King asks, loud enough for all of us to hear.

"What's he doing here?" Merlin questions.

"That means she must still be alive then," Zeldris observes. "When will she ever quit?"

Zel, my little Demon Prince.

Crouching slightly, I then dash towards him with my wings beating faster than they ever have.

"(Y/n)!" I hear my best friend cry out from behind me.

"Captain, (Y/n), wait!" the entire team shouts.

Why are they trying to stop me? Do the Seven Deadly Sins still not trust me? No, they do not trust Zeldris, that's why. But I will show them that the Commandment of Piety is just like me, lost and scared.

As my feet brush against the stone floor, I smile and whisper, "Hello, Zel."

But a second later, something comes crashing down on him and the force sends me to the ground on my back. I quickly shift myself on my elbows, and shout, "Zel?"

"Thought so," my best friend says as he stands protectively in front of me. "It isn't real. (Y/n), what the hell were you thinking? Did you not feel Melascula's magic?"

"I—" My eyes widen as I recognise the Commandment's power. "Dammit."

"To strike at him knowing it was a trap," a sickeningly sweet voice surrounds us. "My, my, you must really be furious at Zeldris, aren't you Meliodas? And you, (Y/n) of the Dark Shadows, we all thought you were dead. Zeldris told me he had been hiding you for the past few weeks and that there was much more to your curse than we initially thought. And now, poor Zeldris has been losing his mind recently because of you, (Y/n)."

"Melascula," Meliodas hisses.

"Cocoon of Darkness," she hisses back and before either of us can react, ebony mist covers us entirely and I can hear the muffled voices of the Seven Deadly Sins outside.

"I'm so sorry," I whimper as Meliodas kneels down beside me. "I got us stuck in here."

Just as he is about to say something, the Commandment of Faith snarls, "You truly are a selfish being if you allowed Zeldris to believe you were dead, (Y/n). Both you and Meliodas are just the same; callous, heartless, cold."