ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ

Author's notes: Heyyy guys! Thank you so much to my 100 followers and to those who have been reading this story for the past few months! It means a lot to me that you guys have been on this journey with me and I will always appreciate your support :)

So the next twelve episodes of the last season are coming out this week if I'm not wrong so I will be able to finally move on to planning the last couple of chapters and concluding this story! Hence why this will be the last 'flashback' of (Y/n)'s past; the next few chapters will go back to the story where (Y/n) and the gang finally get back the real Meliodas but Zeldris has suddenly disappeared.

But for now, please enjoy this brand new chapter! ❤

"ɪ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ɪɴ." 

ᴀʀɪᴀɴᴀ ɢʀᴀɴᴅᴇ

"You can do this," I whisper to myself as I push past the thick branches that are in my way and continue on. "You can do this, (Y/n)." 

But can I really? 

I gave Grandpa, Grandad, and my parents the biggest hug I had ever given them in my life before I left the palace for good and they all thought this was a bit odd of me. I made it obvious there was something wrong but I couldn't just leave without doing something. How could I? These Demons are my family and they deserve better than just me leaving in the middle of the night without saying anything to them.

"Focus," I growl at myself when I reach an empty patch of land. "Focus right now."

"(Y/n)?" I immediately thrust my hand to the side but someone else's hand grabs it. "Easy there."

"Meliodas," I breathe as my hand relaxes in his grip. "Honestly, you need to stop popping out of random places."

The eldest son of the Demon King chuckles at this statement and lets go of my hand. "Not my fault that you get scared easily."

"I do not!" I protest but then stop when I see Elizabeth leaning over Meliodas's shoulder. "Beth!"

"Oh, sweet (Y/n)," she says, giggling as I pull the two of them in for a hug.

"Ew no," Meliodas whines as he tries to get me off but I hold onto them tightly.

"No one followed you, right?" I question firmly and then finally pull away.

The two warriors in front of me shake their heads and answer at the same time, "No."

"Good," I say with a large grin.

"What about you, huh?" Meliodas teases and pokes my nose playfully. "You sure no one followed your noisy grunting, (Y/n)?"

"My noisy grunting?" I splutter, offended. "What are you on about—"

"What is the meaning of this, bright star?" a low voice echoes around us.

My breath hitches as my jaw drops, my hands shaking terribly. "No," I say with a whimper as I turn around to face the General of the Demon Army. "No."

"Explain yourself right now, (Y/n) of the Dark Shadows," my father demands as he walks out of the shadows of the large trees ahead.

"You are not meant to be here," I say with a shaky voice. "Why are you here?"

"You were afraid when your mother and I dismissed you this morning," my father drawls. "And my daughter, one of the greatest warriors of the Demon race, fears nothing. I had assumed you had gotten yourself into trouble, but I did not expect this."