ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ

━━🌹 ━━

━━🌹 ━━

"ɪ'ᴍ ʀᴜɴɴɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ'ᴍ ᴀꜰʀᴀɪᴅ.

ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ'ꜱ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ."

ᴊᴀᴄQᴜɪᴇ

━━🌹 ━━

"What a beautiful drawing."

I jump at the sweet voice and whip around to see the Demon Queen peering past the tree trunk and looming over me, her emerald green eyes sparkling with curiosity.

"My Queen," I splutter and stumble around as I try to stand up but Queen Oriana places a firm hand on my shoulder and pushes me back down as she herself sits down beside me.

"Do you like drawing, Lady (Y/n)?" she asks casually as she pats down her dress.

Trying not to make myself look more like a fool, I answer her, "I only draw when I'm bored, my Queen."

"But do you like it?"

"Not really," I answer as I twirl the pencil around my fingers. "It's a skill I just happen to have and rarely use so I don't really love it."

"Understandable."

Jade green eyes shine with great interest; interest in me. But why?

Queen Oriana, a powerful Demon who stands by the one who rules over the entire Demon race, a mother to the future heir to the Demon throne. Yet her past is a complete mystery to all. None have questioned it since the Demon King made it very clear that her past did not matter. What mattered is what she would sacrifice for her people and her sons.

"Zeldris has gone missing again," the Demon Queen sighs as she starts to fiddle with her hands.

I begin to ask, "Did he have training with—"

"Cusack?" Queen Oriana finishes the question for me. "He did. Outside of training, my youngest son absolutely adores Cusack but the moment he enters those training rooms—"

She shakes her head, sighing again. And her sigh sounds so tired I nearly wince.

"My eldest son strives to be the best Demon warrior," she goes on, "the most powerful, whereas my youngest son fights equally well but I know deep inside that he wishes to put down the sword that has been placed in his hands by his father."

I say nothing to this. What am I meant to say? Rarely have I spoken with this enchanting Demon and she's now suddenly come out of nowhere, pouring out her feelings about her sons.