ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ

Author's notes: Heyyy guys. Nothing, except please enjoy the new chapter! ❤

"ɪꜰ ɪ ɢᴏ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ɪɴ ꜰʟᴀᴍᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ꜰᴀʟʟ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ɢʀᴀᴄᴇ, 

ɪꜱ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ꜱᴇᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴍᴇ?" 

ʟᴏꜱᴛ ꜱᴛᴀʀꜱ

"Honestly, you look good sitting on a throne," Meliodas states as he slowly strolls towards me where I sit upon the throne of Camelot.

I snort, tilting my head. "But it is the last place I wish to be since I know I would not be the person I am now."

Meliodas snorts as well when he stops in front of me. "How poetic."

"Would you two please stop with that snorting," Grandpa berates, shaking his head in disbelief. 

I stick out my tongue at him and then sink back into the throne, the throne of the young King Arthur. The very same boy Merlin continues to search for at this very moment.

"Welcome back, Sir Zeldris," Cusack murmurs when we see the youngest Demon Prince walking to us. "I hope all went well."

"All you need is a crown," Zeldris says to me with a large grin. 

"But that would make me a Queen," I point out. "And that is something I do not wish to become."

At the bottom of the steps, Zeldris answers Grandpa's question, "I came up empty. I played right into the Daughter of Belialuin's hands. But the biggest issue now is that the Four Archangels have been revived. That power, there is no doubt in my mind that it's Ludociel's."

Grandpa and Grandad try to suppress their shocked gasps but we all hear it.

"That would explain the light of a pact (Y/n) and I detected coming from Liones," Meliodas says as he crosses his arms. "It's likely that Elizabeth and the Seven Deadly Sins have teamed up with the Archangels."

"Your woman got away from you, huh?" Zeldris says with a huff of a laugh but it quickly disappears when he sees my warning glare.

"It doesn't matter what our enemies try to do now," Meliodas says. "We stick to our plan. Once I become Demon King, this will all be over." 

As he turns to me, I see his dark eyes soften for a second but they swiftly turn cold and distant, just like they were the first time we met.

"Walk with me, Zel," I say as I get up from the throne and come down the steps.

Zeldris blinks in surprise. "Right now?" 

"Yes, now," I say with a tiny smirk and start dragging him out of the throne room, leaving Meliodas and the two Demon warriors who raised me.

As we walk down the empty halls, Zeldris says quietly, "You're much stronger today."

"I am," I say and wink at him playfully. "All I needed was some sleep."

"That's good," he says and then hesitantly reaches out for my hand. "Lenora told me that the name you gave her is the name you want to give your daughter. If you ever have one, that is."

My fingers interlock with his armoured ones. "Yes but since Lenora now has it, I will have to think of another one."

"What about Oriana?" Zeldris blurts out eagerly and his excited shiny eyes turn to me.