ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ

Author's notes: Heyyy guys. I keep saying I'll take a break from this story but I never seem to do 😂  So honestly, let's see what happens in the coming days :)

So for now, please enjoy this new chapter! ❤

"ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ 'ᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀʀᴅʟʏ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜᴇ." 

ᴍᴀᴋᴏ

"This is too high, this is much too high! Take me back down, (Y/n)!"

"But you have only been here for a minute," I say with a light laugh. "Are you not enjoying this?"

"(Y/n), please," the young Human begs as she turns to me with a desperate look on her pale face. "I'm really scared right now."

Unlike her younger sister, the girl in my arms has violet eyes and flaming red hair. When it comes to looks, these two sisters are the complete opposites since Gaia has chocolate brown hair and amber eyes, her nose slightly rounder and her lips plumper. Gaia had told me that she looks exactly like her mother whereas Grace looks exactly like their father.

Grace tightens her arms around my neck and shuts her eyes. "I really do not like this, (Y/n)."

My face softens at this statement. "Give me a moment."

Before she can say anything, I fly further into the white clouds and then above them, my smile growing bigger when I see what I wanted to see.

"(Y/n)—"

"Look Grace," I breathe as I use one hand to rub her back soothingly. "Open your eyes for me."

Slowly, she does this and then gasps when she sees the large rising sun ahead, orange and yellow light blending with the clouds around it, the sight absolutely breathtaking. 

"This is beautiful," she whispers, her words spoken right under my chin. "Do you see this every day, (Y/n)?"

"Sometimes," I answer quietly as I bring the hand I was using to rub her back to the back of her small head. "If I manage to get away from the palace, or if I have time and I am alone."

"(Y/n), why don't you just stay here with me and Gaia? In this realm?" Grace asks and her warm cheek presses against my chest.

I exhale loudly and grin bitterly. "That would be amazing."

"So can you—"

"But I cannot do this, Grace."

"Why not?"

"If I choose to go against the Demon King and my parents, I could start a war," I reply. "And that is the last thing I want right now for both of our realms."

"But—"

"Trust me, Grace," I say firmly as I pull her away far enough for her to see my face. "You do not want to start something that you cannot finish."

"But I just want you to be happy," Grace whimpers, her violet eyes shimmering with displeasure. "Both Gaia and I want you to live a normal life."

"A Demon like me cannot have a normal life," I say sadly. "The moment I was born, I was doomed to be shunned from the other races because of who I am, what I am."