ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

Author's notes: Guess who's back everyone! Now we're starting to get to the good parts :)

So please, enjoy the new chapter! ❤

"ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ʀᴜɴɴɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴄʜᴀꜱɪɴɢ ᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴠᴇꜱ. 

ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴅᴀʏ ᴀ ꜱᴍᴀʟʟ ᴘɪᴇᴄᴇ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅɪᴇꜱ." 

ꜱᴇʟᴇɴᴀ ɢᴏᴍᴇᴢ

"Concentrate, my Prince," I say as I flick at the younger Demon's little nose.

Rubbing it, he mutters, "But I am."

I raise an eyebrow while flipping through the old spell book we are currently reading. "And what exactly have you read so far?"

I receive a dangerous scowl. "I don't want to read any of this. All of it is so boring."

"My prince—"

"I'd rather talk to you, (Y/n)."

My gaze softens when I see that Prince Zeldris looks quite worn out. "You have been training too hard again."

"Father wants me to," he responds as he tries to stifle a yawn.

"To hell with that," I immediately snap and Prince Zeldris's eyes widen at this. "What I mean is that you should put your needs before what your father wants, my Prince."

"That's not how it works," he murmurs as he places his chin on his fist, staring at me.

"In your father's eyes, yes," I say as I shove the book across the wooden table towards him. "But right now, I want you to ignore what your old man is telling you and focus on your needs and what you want."

"And will you help me with that, (Y/n)?" Prince Zeldris abruptly asks, eyes sparkling with mischief.

"Help you with what, my Prince?" I ask, puzzled.

"Get what I want," he elaborates as he messes around with one of the pages of the book. "What I desire."

"And what might that be?" I cock my head to the side.

"For you to call me just by my name."

"I am not sure if that is appropriate—"

"Then why do you do it with my older brother?" Prince Zeldris interrupts impatiently. "What exactly has he said to persuade you to drop all formalities?"

"My Prince, please—"

"I just want to hear you say my name," he breathes, the paper crumbling in his hand. 

"I have said your name before," I point out as I gently pull the book away from him.

"Not like the way you say my older brother's name," Prince Zeldris argues. "It's different with him. It always is. Have I offended you in some way that has led you to act so cold with me? Am I doing something wrong—"

"Zeldris," I say quietly though my voice sounds so loud in my ears. "Zeldris."

The youngest son of the Demon King freezes, ebony eyes shining with hope. "Again."

"Zeldris," I say, louder this time.

Prince Zeldris's closes his eyes, grinning. "You say it differently."