ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜰɪᴠᴇ

Author's notes: Hello, hello, hello. So while writing this story, I realised that there are two names for the kingdom Meliodas and Liz were at: Danafor and Danafall. Since I was using the name Danafor in my first few chapters, I will continue to use that name. So anyone who knows this, could you please confirm: is Danafor the original name of the kingdom and did it then become known as Danafall after it was destroyed?

Anyways, other than that, please enjoy the new chapter! ❤

"ʙᴀʙʏ, ɪ'ᴍ ꜰᴀʟʟɪɴɢ. 

ɪ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ ʟᴀɴᴅ." 

ᴋᴀᴛ ᴅᴀʜʟɪᴀ

Everything in my mind is going absolutely crazy, so the best thing for me right now is sleep.

"(Y/n)?" a squeaky voice speaks from the corner of the room.

Turning to my side, I blink when I see Hawk walking up to me. "I thought this was Mel's room."

"No, this is Elaine and Ban's room but I was just—"

Before I can stop myself, I burst into tears and fall to my knees, the wooden floor painfully digging into my skin.

"Oh Hawk," I hiccup. "I am so sorry I hurt you earlier today."

"Eek, what the hell?" Hawk exclaims as he rubs his nose against my cheek. "You're crying over that? That was nothing, (Y/n)!"

Giggling through my tears, I pat his plump cheeks with both my hands. "Still, I'm sorry I hurt you."

"You look really tired, (Y/n)," Hawk comments. "Do you want me to show you where Meliodas's room is?"

"Yes please," I say drowsily as I stand up on my feet.

"Then follow me!" 

Smiling, I do so and my mind can barely process what's going on when I reach the room and lie down on the bed. Pulling the blanket over my body, I hum, "Goodnight Hawk."

Hawk pauses for a second before quietly saying, "He really missed you, (Y/n). Even though he was dead for a couple of days."

"I missed him too," I respond. "I missed all of you."

"Please don't do that again," Hawk whispers suddenly. "You scared us, and I mean really scared us. Even Ban was worried about you."

"Really?" My eyelids slowly start to close. "He did not give that impression tonight."

"Well, he's good at hiding his emotions. Just like you, (Y/n)."

"I'm not too sure about that." I turn to my side and just as my eyelids shut, I see tears streaming down Hawk's pink face. 

"Thanks for coming back, (Y/n)," he says, voice fading away. "I really missed you too."

***

"(Y/n), (Y/n), (Y/n)!" someone shouts my name right next to my ear.

"What the hell," I grumble, refusing to open my eyes. "What happened? Has Mel burned down the kitchen already?"

"No! Merlin's not feeling well and Hendrickson can't seem to heal her!" Ah, I would recognise this voice from anywhere. "Elizabeth's trying her best right now—"

My eyes immediately snap open. "Is that so?" A Druid not able to heal another? Now that is unheard of.

"(Y/n), please come quickly," Hawk continues to beg. "Just put on these new clothes King made for you and let's go!"