ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ꜱɪx

Author's notes: Heyyy guys! I am getting so hyped writing all of these chapters and reading all of your comments make it so much more fun to write the next chapter :)

And now, please enjoy this new chapter! ❤

"ʙᴀʙʏ, ʏᴏᴜ ꜱʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ 

ɪ'ʟʟ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ꜱɪᴅᴇ." 

ᴜɴʟɪᴋᴇ ᴘʟᴜᴛᴏ

The ringing sound of the Demon King's insane laugh surrounds me as I brace myself against the magical ebony wave but a pair of hands grab onto the back of my legs and then I am suddenly way above the wave and just looking down at it.

"Zel?" I whisper when I realise he has my body tossed over his shoulder and his hand is gripping onto the back of my leg to keep me levelled. 

"Damn it," he growls when he lands on a raised cliff several feet away and puts me down gently. "Sorry, (Y/n)."

"For what?" I suck in a sharp breath when he suddenly leans in. "Um, hi?"

"Hey pretty," he says in a very low voice which sends chills up my spine. "Think you can stay here for a while for me?"

"Yeah," I say quietly as he presses a quick but firm kiss on my forehead. "Sure."

And with that, the youngest son of the Demon King jumps off the cliff and starts heading towards his father. I crawl closer to the edge of the cliff and peek over to get a better look at the two other Demons.

"You could never understand how the joy of loving someone and being loved in return can bring forth great strength you never knew you had," Zeldris says as he points at his father. "Because of (Y/n), I've been able to embrace even the dark parts of myself, parts of myself I was ashamed of when I was younger. And through that, she has made me so much stronger. You may believe that (Y/n) is my doom, but for me, (Y/n) is my guiding light who will never let me down."

"Zel," I whisper, his name disappearing with the breeze.

"You better not tell Meliodas I said that!" he blurts out as he turns around to say this to me.

"You are already well aware that I am no good at keeping secrets," I say and then wink at him which gets him blushing.

"Father," Zeldris says as he turns back to the Demon King, "right now, your pride is crumbling to pieces and your heart is weakened. The reason why is clear as day. You've been defeated at the hand of Meliodas before and even though you're the Demon King, you're obviously about to lose to him again!"

"You dare say the Demon King would lose twice?" the Demon King questions, voice rumbling. "How arrogant and presumptuous. You wouldn't know what's happening on the outside!"

Enraged, he brings down his weapon on his youngest son who easily evades it and instead says calmly, "I know that I'm right. Because I trust him. I trust my big brother!"

My hands clutched together in front of my chest are shaking terribly as I proudly smile at the confident Demon Prince who is giving it his all because he finally believes in his older brother.

"Now, Ominous Nebula!" Zeldris cries out as he stretches his hand out in front of him.

"Zeldris," his father growls. "You too—You would defy your own father?"

"I told you before," Zeldris yells over the immense power gathering around him and on the battlefield, "I'm going to beat you!"

A gasp escapes my lips when I see that Zeldris's sword has been enhanced with his magical move and the power around him is only increasing.