quindici

◇unedited◇

I woke up very early to spend more time with my daughter. I won't be seeing her until noon and probably evening. It would kill me, but I have to do it for everyone's sake.

"Be good for Mama, okay? I love you, my sweet girl." I kissed her all over the face until it made her giggled. She loved the attention and I loved giving her all that.

"Love you, Mama." I gave her one last kissed before leaving.

"Oh, Nina. If Vincenzio came by today, can you not let him in and see Fiorelli?" Before I got to leave, I told her about the things that almost happened the other day. I was thankful to Fiorelli for being asleep when he came.

"Okay." She nodded despite being unconvinced. I knew she worked under him, but she was staying with me to take care of my daughter.

"Just please, okay?" She nodded to convinced me she would do what I asked. After that, I just left the house and stopped abruptly when I saw Nicholas stood by the car, waiting.

"What are you doing here, Nicholas?" I asked as I approached him.

"I'm waiting for you." He replied, but his face was somewhat troubled.

"I told you not to do this." I reminded him.

"James was gone since yesterday." He informed me and that got me surprised. What was this all about? Was he trying to avoid the wedding? It would only cause him trouble.

"Did you told Vincenzio?" I asked. If he did, Vincenzio must have been looking for James.

"I did and he said he'll be looking for him and bring him back in time before the wedding." Nicholas grimaced at the mention of the wedding. I was not sure why he made that face. "Let's go." He opened the door for me and waited.

I walked up to the car and got in. We drove away and on the way, I kept on thinking. 'Where are you, James?'

There's a car parked in front of the house. I squinted my eyes trying to tell who the car belongs to.

"Mr. Vincenzio is here." Nicholas said.

"Why?" I asked dumbly.

"I'm not sure. Maybe to see you?" He offered because he was not sure himself.

I got out of the car and walked to the house. The door was not locked as expected. When I walked further into the house, I hadn't see Vincenzio.

"Vincenzio," I called him out loud. "Let me talk to you." I continued. I wanted to address things about Fiorelli. I thought I made that clear from the beginning.

"What?" He came down and walked up to me.

"You stooped so low. How can I trust you with that kind of behavior?" I asked him, feeling disappointed that he tried to saw Fiorelli without my knowledge.

"You divorced him without my knowledge." He threw it back at me.

"That was my decision and he agreed without a fight. You can't put your hands into our lives, Vincenzio. If that's how you will act, then you can take Nina back. I don't need her nor you." I shook my head in disappointment and walked away.

I stayed in the kitchen, did random things from cleaning to cook for myself. Even until the end of the day, James didn't come home. So, I cooked for the other guys in the house.

For days he was gone and no one could track him down and his brother and father didn't bother to. They were just letting him be for the meanwhile. When the day comes, they believed that he would be home.

So until the day finally came, I had been busy helping them prepared for a party. They held the party at James' house because she demanded it. She said her father wanted to see how happy their wedding are. So, they were no place to prove his father other than his own house.

Veronica was against it, but he could say anything when her husband already said so. Thankfully, I was not there when Mr. Nicoli came to the house. I was not going to face him and thought everything was fine.

"Take a break, Jamee," Benjamin said. I held a flower vase that was originally in the house. It was mine, I bought it when we just got married. I wanted to secure it in a safe place. The vase was never moved, it had always been there, on the kitchen counter. "He will kill me if he knew you work too hard."

"It's my job to help up around the house." I persistently said and continued to walk to put the vase away. I heard him sighed as he couldn't convince me to rest.

But, the vase is also important to me. He would felt bad if he knew something happened to the vase because he also knew how the vase was meaningful to me.

The day came to an end, it was tiring as I realized. I felt it when I got home and my body felt like breaking.

Thankfully, my daughter was asleep when I got home. So, I didn't bother her and just took my time for myself. It had been so long since I had quality time for myself as I remember.

Tomorrow, the house would be crowded with a lot of people that I didn't know and happiness within them.

Would I really be okay?

Where are you, James?

I really hope that he would show up tomorrow at the venue wherever it was being held.

I sat on the balcony, watching the view that the city offered. My mind slowly drifted to a time where James and I had our good times. There was one time that I couldn't forget ever in my life, it was the day when we eloped. Eventually, Vincenzio found out.

I chuckled, but my hand unconsciously wiped something off my cheek. Just then I realized, I was crying as I reminisced about our past.

Fifteen chapters in,I would like I know your thoughts on this story

I would like I know your thoughts on this story.
Thank you.