diciassette

◇unedited◇

She was out again and I felt like maybe she was really tired. I hated when situations like this happened, I hated it the most.

I took the opportunity to go and checked it myself. I walked out of the house and looked for Nicholas. He was sitting in front of the maid quarter with Benjamin.

"Nicholas," I called him and he quickly stood up and approached me. "Drive me to Diane's house." I continued.

"Of course, Sir." He replied and immediately ran to get the car ready. He didn't even ask what we are going there for. They would have said something if they wanted to know or objected.

"Should I come along?" Benjamin asked. Despite the event that was still going, I chose to leave it behind. This was more important than that.

As the car approached, someone ran to us. It was Vincenzio who tried to catch up with me.

"Where are you going?" He asked. He eyed the car and back to me. Then, he raised an eyebrow in waiting.

"To her house," I replied which made him confused. "Jamee."

"She's still here?"

"Yes, she passed out. She's in my room now, so don't try to bother her and don't let anyone come up." I warned him.

"Then why are you going to her house?" He wondered, but I watched his eyes being conflicted. Like, he knew something he wasn't supposed to or he was trying to hide it.

"Her... baby." The word was still foreign on my tongue. But somehow, it felt like a dream come true. I always dreamed of our baby, a little girl. The one who always came in my dreams. "Go, take care of the event. Just make sure no one goes upstairs."

I got into the car and we drove away. My heart was beating out of my chest along the way. Could it be true?

"What's the matter?" Nicholas asked as he watched me from the rearview mirror.

"We're going to fetch her baby." I slowly said. It still seemed surreal to me. I couldn't believe if it was real or not. But, I didn't want it to be just my dream or imagination.

"Her baby? She has a baby?" Nicholas asked in surprise.

"That's what she said, but I'm not sure. She passed out on me, I'm not sure if I should take it seriously or not, because she was not in a good condition." I told him. There were doubts, of course. But I wanted it to be true, so that explained the chewed toy.

The chewed toy. I believed what she told me about it. Now, it made sense since she was not going to let it go.

"I guess she really has a baby. She wouldn't just say it to send you away, she was worried." Nicholas gave his input to this situation.

"She really looked worried. She wanted to go if I didn't force her to stay still." She was stubborn, she was too worried about her baby.

My heart was going to burst in happiness and fear. Two and a half years was a very long time.

We arrived at the familiar house, the ones were Diane's. I've been looking at the house for a minute from inside the car.

"Aren't you going to go out?" Nicholas reminded me that we had arrived. I suddenly felt cold feet as I am in front of the house. What should I expect?

"I think there's someone inside the house." I snapped my head towards the house and saw a shadow through the curtained window. My heart suddenly beating twice as fast and I hopped out of the car to walked to the house. I tried to open the door, but it was locked.

So, I knocked. I waited patiently while tapping the ground impatiently.

"Who are you?" I asked the girl who opened the door.

"I'm a babysitter." She replied calmly. "May I ask who you are?" She asked back and she doesn't look like someone who judged people by their look.

"I'm the father." I proudly announced.

"Pardon?" She looked a little bit taken aback by my sudden announcement. My pride would be hurt if this was nothing.

"Of Jamee's baby." I continued to explain and it downed to her. She must have realized something.

"Mr. Nicoli?" She said in unsure and I nodded to confirm it. "You do look like Mr. Vincenzio."

That statement made me shocked. Vincenzio as in my brother? So, he knew.

"Vincenzio?" I asked again just to make sure. But she made that clear when she said I looked like him. There was no need for another explanation.

"Yes, he was the one who hired me."

"So, he met our baby?" That made me furious. He got to meet my baby first than I am, that just sounded ridiculous.

"No, Jamee didn't allow anyone to see Fiorelli." The girl replied. So, she kept it from everyone, not just me. But still, she shouldn't have hidden her, especially from me.

Fiorelli? Such a beautiful name. It made me eager to see her now.

"Where is Jamee?" She asked, looking around to find her but she was nowhere in sight.

"I'm here to take her. Her mother is going to spend the night at my house." I said things that were irrelevant to what she asked.

"Oh, okay. I was wondering when she will be back. Because I need to go home now." She told me and moved to the side to let me in. I took a step into the house confidently. "Follow me."

I followed her to one of the rooms and found my baby sleeping on the bed very soundly. My feet moved to the bed unconsciously.

Sadness and happiness mixed, that's how I felt when I first saw her face. She was just like how I dreamt of, my daughter.

I picked her off the bed and cradle her close to my body. I placed her head on my chest gently, wanting to feel her breath against my beating heart. She was my air now.

"Fiorelli." I tested her name, how it sounded when it came out of my mouth. It sounded so perfectly in harmony.

"Mama?" She sleepily called for her mother.

"No, baby. Papa is here now." I told my daughter who I doubt was fully awake, but I said it anyway.

" I told my daughter who I doubt was fully awake, but I said it anyway