sei

◇unedited◇

"James, meet Suzy Blakemore." Vincenzio introduced the barbie stripper lookalike to me. They didn't waste time to carry on with their plan. Today itself when I wanted to confront him about my wife, he brought the diversion to me.

I was going to extend my hand to her, but she took it upon herself to hug me. I pushed her away immediately and glared at her. How dare she?

"Weren't you going to hug me?" She asked confidently.

I have decided, she is self-centered and arrogant.

"Fuck no." I replied with such a strong word. I don't know if Vincenzio told her about me being married, but either way I don't really care.

Vincenzio told me the reason why she agreed to do this. She is the princess in the mafia world which means, she got eyes on her. She is the daughter of the mafia king which is dying at the moment. That is the reason why she wanted to do this without seeing what she got herself into, she just doesn't care. She only need one thing. Her father's fortune.

But her father won't give her the fortune just like she is right now, single and free. He wanted to see her get married and have a respectable man, so he won't give his fortune away for a waste. That was what she told Vincenzio and what Vincenzio told me.

I thought from there that she is definitely arrogant.

"Are we done here? I need to get back home." I asked, looking at my brother.

"No, we need to go dress shopping for our engagement party. Besides, we need to show our faces to the public so they won't be suspicious." At first, she looked cheery. But then, she looked serious as she spoke about making public appearances.

"She's right. The both of you need to make appearance before the engagement news. It's better this way than anyone to dig in about the sudden engagement news." Vincenzio agreed with her and I'm annoyed about that. Didn't he knows that I need to keep looking for my wife?

"I'll take care of her." He continued, looking at me with all of his seriousness. He was referring to Jamee this time.

"Don't let me down, Vincenzio. I hate it when you promised something then decided to dropped them without a word." I emphasized the last sentence as I looked at him with a hard gaze.

"I won't." Vincenzio promised.

-

After he promised me to keep looking for her, Suzy and I head out to shop in a very public area. There's an area that is famous for their wedding related and most time the public figures who attract attention went there.

"Let's go to this shop. The workers like to gossip every single time. It will be good for us when they acknowledge us. The words will spread." Suzy said and she sure did know a lot. "Let's go." She grabbed my upper arm, but I tossed it immediately.

"Don't touch me." I told her and she frowned. Rolling her eyes, she adjusted herself and walked herself first.

I walked behind her with both of my hands behind my back. Going around like this doesn't make me not thinking about her. Where are you, Jamee? You should have ask me and listen.

"Hello, what can I help you today?" A female worker approached us. She have a big smile on her face and a posture of overly did it.

"Hi, my fiance and I are looking for outfits." Suzy replied and she put her hands on me to show me off. If this is not for publicity I would have told her to fuck off.

"How lovely. What kind of occasion are we having?" The overly sweet woman is now engaging with Suzy. They finally walked away from me and I wandered around, away from them. There is a lot of dresses in the store and there's a specific one that caught my attention.

A white mid-length dress with flowers accents around on the puff. It's a one layered puff dress and I can imagine her being in that dress. She love dresses and she looked stunning in them.

"Would you like me to pack this for you? This one is the last item in stock." Suddenly, a voice spoke beside me. I turned around to find another female worker, she plastered a smile on her lips.

"Yes." I simply replied.

"For your wife, perhaps?" She asked as she took the dress off the display.

"Yes." I answered again.

"Would you like to billed them together?" Hearing that, I frowned for a reason. Then, my eyes roamed to where Suzy is and no wonder, she have a load of things in her hands and some on the cashier counter.

"No." There no fucking way I'm going to pay for her stuff.

"A surprise? Men like you should have exist and dominate the world. How lovely of you." She kept on praising me, but I put no mind to it. She can rambled all she wants and I don't give two shits about them.

As the worker walked away, Suzy came to my side.

"I'm done with the shopping. Just need to pay and go." She informed me.

"Right, then pay. I have to go anyway." I told her cold heartedly. She wanted me to pay for them? Yeah, maybe in her death wish.

"You have to pay for them, you are my fiance." She stubbornly said and she is not entitled to tell me what to do.

"Fuck no. I'm not paying for your stuffs and besides, you dragged me here. I hold no responsibility for what you buys." I moved and walked away to get and pay for my own dress. I will keep the dress and give it to her when she come back, I know she will.

She will just need some times to cool off and Vincenzio will be able to trace her then. She will come back to me, she have to.

The dress on the media is how the dress I imagine, not that exact one, but more classy

The dress on the media is how the dress I imagine, not that exact one, but more classy. You get the idea.