uno

◇unedited◇

"Finally, I get to call you Mrs. Nicoli. What a relief." James let out a sigh of relief as he hugged me from behind. It's later that day after we got married in a small chapel in Greece. He kissed me all over and he seemed to never get tired of doing that.

"Yes, Mr. Nicoli. I'm yours." I flipped around to face him and cupped his face.

"Can we make a baby now?" James asked which I found so cute. So I pinched his cheeks and he groaned.

"You told me not to rush it." I said to him. We have come a long way and we didn't even have a normal wedding, because we eloped. There's only the two of us and to me, it's perfect.

"It's been five years. I love you anyway." He pulled me close, so my face ended up crashing his chest. Which I know that he did it on purpose.

It has been five years since I came to his house and asked for a job and roof to stay with the help of Diane. Our relationship is only for the inner people to know like Diane and the security guards. We agreed on that, because I learned to know that his father is the mafia of Missily. That was why Diane told me that he is a son of some important people in Italy.

James is working with his father, but his focus is on his own businesses which he established on his own. His brother, on the other than is very involve in the mafia. He is the right hand of the don, which is his father since he is the first born.

James wanted to keep me safe and I agreed. I don't want to get exposed into the mafia world. So that's why, even we got married without his parents' knowledge.

For the last two years, he showed me love. A love that I never felt and receive from anyone. He is the first man to ever love me and be there for me. He is my equal as he said and I am his queen which is nonsense to me. We're both equal and partners. We love, care, and complete each other in a way nobody can.

-

"Tired?" I caress the face of my sleeping husband. I rarely seen him slept so long and comfortably. He always run after his work, especially when his father called.

"Let's sleep some more." He said and his deep voice came out in husky. I pecked his lips which I know will wake him up. But surprisingly, he keep his eyes closed. I smirked, knowing his trick and I'm not going to fall for that. I fell for that way too many times already.

"Sleep soundly, husband. Gotta eat breakfast to fill in the tummy." I whispered close to his ear. Caressing his cheek one last time, I got out of the bed successfully. Maybe he's really tired after all.

I stepped out of our resort and walked to find a restaurant. I'm feeling like eating something savoury and will bring him something to eat after I'm done eating.

I have only took a few steps away from our resort when someone block my path. Lifting my eyes up, I got surprised seeing the person stood in front of me.

"Getting hitched without telling me?" He pouted. I smiled widely seeing him here.

"We're sorry, Vincenzio. We wanted to make it simple and private." I apologized to him. I knew he would somehow find out about us. He's a trustworthy person, because he is James' brother.

"I get it. Breakfast?" He asked, seeing me getting out of our resort by myself.

"Yes. Come, he's still asleep." I took his hand and dragged him with me to get breakfast. He flew a long way from home and besides, I wanted to tell him something to be compromised.

We settled in a small diner and ordered foods for ourselves. As we wait for our foods to come, I looked at him, wanting to talk.

"Yes, Jamee? Is there something you want to tell me?" Vincenzio asked, he must have sensed my gaze on him. He's a very sensible person to say the least. He's always aware of everything around him, even the smallest thing like moving my legs.

"Is there anyone else that know about our relationship?" I asked. It's not like we wanted to keep our relationship a secret. It's just a safe way to keep the peace in our relationship.

"No. Our parents didn't know and I'll make sure that they won't find out until you guys decided to tell them. James is not very good at keeping his feelings. He was worried when you got sick and things like that which I found very interesting to keep tabs on. So, I keep watching you both very quietly." Vincenzio told me.

The food arrived, we ate them in a peaceful silence. It was a nice and peaceful breakfast with the newly brother in law. It's the first time for me to have a meal with Vincenzio like this.

"I never thought James would get married before me. He even did it without telling me." Vincenzio said. "What a man." He looked like a proud brother. They have always been close to each other and I admire their siblings bond.

"We're a family now. Here, save my number." He continued, then his hand ask for my phone.

"I don't have one." I replied honestly. I smiled awkwardly, he might find it weird for someone to not have a cellphone in this era.

"You're kidding me." He deadpanned. So I shook my head, telling him that I'm not joking. "What have he been doing? Did he not allow you to have one?" He spoke in an unbelievable manner.

"I just don't feel like having one." I told him.

"Right. Even after five years you've been working for him?" He asked again. "Did he not pay you well or did he not pay you at all? He have a lot of debt then."

I chuckled and shook my head at his questions. None of those were right.

"He did paid me well, even giving me a bonus every Christmas."

"He should be." Vincenzio agreed. Not only me, but everyone who works for him always got them. "So, when are you going to bless me with a nephew and niece?"

His question make me choked on my own saliva. I looked at him with wide eyes.

"Why? You should give me a lot of them, so I can spoil them right." He said.

"Soon." I can only replied quietly.

I hope you find this story interesting enough to stay until the end

I will try to update once a week, wish me luck.

Thank you.