ventidue

◇unedited

While James was seated on the chair with Fiorelli, I had been moving around restlessly. We were in front of Nina's room. I was worried about her, she got stabbed in her stomach, and what I heard the knife went deep. So, I couldn't stop worrying about her until she woke up.

"Stop moving around, it won't make her heal faster," James commented, probably tired of watching me moved like an iron.

"I am worried, James. I don't know if she has family or friends I should call. Call Vincenzio and ask about her family." I demanded to him.

"He has been informed, okay? So, don't worry. Come here." He patted the space beside him.

Seeing Fiorelli slept so peacefully on his chest made my heart felt warmth all over. I immediately took his offer and sat down beside him.

I lied my head on his shoulder and grabbed his upper arm. I squeezed it hard to vent out my frustration. I was glad to her for not letting harm got to my daughter. Now, I am worried for her because I didn't know she got stabbed so deeply.

"Don't feel too bad. The doctor says she is okay, right?" James said and I nodded in response. "Then she will be okay."

"Still," I replied and then let out a sigh.

"I'll ask someone to watch her here. Should we go home now?" James slowly asked, tried to lure me to go home as I was stubborn to stay here to watch over Nina.

I felt tired, so I nodded at him.

We made our way to the car and we passed Nicholas. He only smiled at me and walked into the hospital. So, he was the one who's going to watch Nina? James really had no one else.

I was about to open the front door when James put his hand on the door handle of the backseat. Not minding my frown, he opened the door and I was surprised to found a car seat inside.

"It's going to be a long drive. It wouldn't be comfortable for you to have her all the way on your lap." He said and put Fiorelli on her car seat and strapped her safely. Until he made sure that she was safe in her car seat, then he closed the door. "We will go to Diane's house to grab your necessary things and our baby's and after that, we're going home."

I guess he had all that planned out. He opened the door for me and I got in, then he goes around the car to get in.

"You know, Diane lets me live in her house. So, it's my house now." I said to him, giving him a look to agree with me.

"It is Diane's house. Your house is wherever I am and my house is wherever you are." He stubbornly explained.

"Stop arguing with me." I almost whined.

"Then stop denying it." He said back and glanced at me with a mischievous smile.

We drove to Diane's house and arrived safely. Fiorelli was still sleeping but when the car stopped, her eyes slowly opened. I smiled at her and rubbed her belly gently.

"Are you awake, my sweet girl?" I asked her cheerfully and she nodded her head just the same.

I felt him turned around beside me as well to see Fiorelli.

"My sweet girls." He suddenly spoke. It was because he spoke right on my ear or his words affected me that made me shuddered. "Let's hurry so we will be back home faster." He continued.

I nodded and then we made our way to the house. The door was broken, so no door for a few days until I fix the whole house. As Fiorelli with James, I packed our clothes into a big suitcase. We didn't really have that many clothes and stuff.

I rolled the suitcase out of the bedroom myself because I refused his offer to help since he had Fiorelli in his arms.

"Why are you being so insisted? You think I can't do it myself?" I asked him because I felt a little hurt.

"No, I just wanted to help." He responded. We walked side by side and got to the car. We drove away without any delay. We arrived faster because his house was not that far. That was the reason Diane decided to live by herself even though she was alone in Missily on day to day basis.

"Should I order a crib for her or do you want her to sleep on the bed, --" I replied to him right away not knowing he was not finished talking.

"Order the crib." I agreed with that but it made him frowned.

"With us." He finished and now he made me frowned. What does he mean on the bed with us?

"What do you mean?" I asked him in confusion.

"You're sleeping in our room and so is our baby." He said.

"No, we're not. We won't be sleeping in the same room. I'll be using the maid quarter. My daughter and I will live there together." I emphasized almost all of the sentences.

"No, it won't be like that." James strongly denied the idea.

"James, you're married now whether she lives with you or not. I don't want any unexpected guests." I explained to him. I didn't want to cause drama within his life.

He let out a harsh sighed. "I don't like it."

"Well, suck it up. That's your responsibility now." I said and weirdly, we were still on the front porch arguing where I should live with my daughter.

"You mean my daughter? Of course, she is my responsibility. I will cherish her every second of every minute and every hour or every day. I bet my life on it." He declared and then walked into the house still with Fiorelli in his arms. "Do make us dinner, Jamee. We're hungry." That was the thing he said before he disappeared into the house.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance but still making my way inside to made dinner as he requested. We did felt hungry after a long day.

 We did felt hungry after a long day