trentasei

◇unedited

The next day, I woke up early. I fell asleep with them in his room. The father and daughter entangled with each other but they looked comfortable.

Leaving the bedroom even though I didn't want to, I wanted to watch them some more, but I needed to do something. There was no family that I could talk to about my father newly discovered, there was no other person in my mind.

Vincenzio.

That guy knew so much than I did about my father as he knew him longer. He had to know because he worked in the mafia alongside his father.

I had James' phone with me before leaving the bedroom. My only intention was to call his brother through his phone since I still didn't own one. I'm that old-fashioned woman.

She offered me to take his phone when I was leaving, but I refused. He told me the password which I noticed never change, it was our wedding date.

So, I put in the date of our wedding and the screen came free, unlocked. His lock screen was a sleeping Fiorelli with him next to her but wide awake while kissing her cheek. I didn't know he was that cheesy.

I looked for Vincenzio's number and immediately dial his number. I got myself comfortable sitting on a single couch in the library.

I had to wait a couple of minutes and a second try calling him before he answered the phone.

"What, James?" He lazily spoke.

"Why are you being cranky answering to his call?" I asked and a pause was present in our phone call.

"Jamee." I heard him let out a sigh.

"It is me. Can you meet me today?" I confirmed as I asked him.

"Today?"

"Now." As he was repeating what I ask, I replied to him with a different kind of answer.

"Jamee!" He spoke sternly which caught me off guard because I didn't expect that. "Why do you need me?" He asked softly this time.

"I need to ask you about someone," I replied, leaving out the who.

"Then ask away." Did he expect me to ask something important over the phone?

"No, Vincenzio. You come here, I'll be waiting."

"Why do you think I know the person you are going to ask me?" He quickly asked before the call ended.

"Because you do, you know them so well."

"Is it the Blakemore?" He guessed.

"Come here." I ended the call without replying to him. Putting the phone down, I sighed and rethought if my decision was going to be the right thing I would do. I knew Veronica stand behind me for this, she was the one that suggest it first.

If I didn't do it, would I regret it later on? Would I regret not ever knowing my father, even though it was way too late? Would I let an offspring of his take offer and destroy the family name?

After some pondering, I walked out of the library. I frowned when I saw James walking around the house.

"What are you doing?" I asked him which make him stop on the spot.

"I was looking for you. Where have you been?" He walked up to me in worried. As he was finally in front of me, he cupped my cheeks and kissed me on the lips. I saw him being relieved.

"I was calling your brother, I ask him to come here today," I replied.

"Why? Is it about your father?" I nodded. "Are you really going to get to know him?" I nodded again. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am, James," I replied frustratedly. I just didn't tell him what I intended to do, he would find out anyway.

"He could stop nagging me now." He murmured out while letting out a sigh. I lifted my eyebrow at his act and just let him hold me.

"Is Fio awake?" I asked and looked up.

"No, not when I left her. Maybe she is now. I'll check on her, can you make breakfast for us?" I chuckled but nodded my head anyway. It was just funny seeing him, I found him funny.

"Bring her down if she wakes up," I told him before scurrying him away to go up to his room.

Cooking was an easy task, I cooked an omelet with mushrooms and chicken along with green vegetables. Black coffee it was for him and apple juice for Fiorelli.

A few minutes after I finished cooking, James came down with a freshly woke-up Fiorelli in his arms. She had her head on his chest.

"Did my sweet girl has a good sleep?" I approached her and gave her a good morning kiss. She nodded cutely and my heart just couldn't handle her cuteness. Why am I so blessed to have her? She was the best little thing that came into my life.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

The sound of the ringing house phone made me turn to look at the wall where the phone was located.

"I'll get that," I said and made my way to the phone. It must be from the guard and hopefully, it would be Vincenzio.

"Jamee's here." I took the call and the guard immediately informed me about his arrival. "Let him in." I permitted and after that, the call ended.

"He's here already?" James asked from the kitchen.

"Yes."

"That's fast, so unlike him to me." He said.

"Don't be jealous," I teased him.

"Would never." He replied nonchalantly and looked back to our daughter. He was definitely jealous of how his brother treated me even though I was still upset with him.

Getting the door, I walked up to the front door. I gasped when I saw he was not alone, Suzy stood beside him with a big suitcase.

"I was forced, Jamee." That was his defense but Suzy paid no mind as she stalked into the house.

I closed my eyes and sighed, she would never give up, wouldn't she?

"I would never get her into the property without permission, Jamee. I swear I was forced."

"Vincenzio!!!" I heard James scream out, probably after seeing Suzy. Because I'm sure that she was inside already.

"Let's talk in my house." I escorted him to my residence and just let him finish having breakfast. I am sure he would bring Fiorelli afterward.

 I am sure he would bring Fiorelli afterward