cinque

◇unedited◇

James' P.O.V

"There's no way that none of you didn't saw her leaving! You. Weren't you on your shift last night?" I pointed my eyes at Benjamin.

"I was off duty, Sir. I'm sure the CCTV camera caught her, have you check on them?" He asked. He thought I am that fool not to check them first?

"Yes, I have." I replied with a hard tone. I have checked every corners in this house, but still there is no sign of her. I was helpless after realizing that she is gone. Half of her clothes are gone and I knew then, she left the house.

She was acting normal and I found nothing suspicious. I turned to Nicholas and gave him an eyeful.

"You drove her yesterday. Where did she goes?" I asked. My heart felt uneasy and I haven't been resting well. Why did she decided to leave and without telling me a thing?

"I drove her to Diane's house and nowhere else. She stayed there for awhile." He answered and suddenly, my mind told me to talk with Diane. Of course, she should be the key to know where my wife is.

"Did she say anything unusual?" I stared at him with a stern eyes. If he dares to cover up for her, I'll make sure he got no job after I dumped him.

"No, she was very quiet." He told me.

"Keep on posted about my wife. Call me if you see her." I ordered them. They nodded and get back to their respective posts.

I got in to my car and drive to Diane's house in hope to find her there. She couldn't be that far gone if she left just this morning. I still don't get why, why would she left me? I told her to listen to me first.

I drove restlessly and arrived at her house. Parking my car on the side of the road, I walked up to her house. My head turning around the area in hope to see a glimpse of her.

I knocked on the door and while waiting, I looked around her house still looking for her. My chest tightened since I woke up and it's hard for me to breathe freely.

"Mr. Nicoli." Diane's voice greeted me, so I walked back to the door and face her.

"Where is my wife?" I asked to the point. I knew she knows where my wife is. She practically raised her like a daughter. "No, Diane. I don't want to hear anything else, just where my wife is." I told her sternly. I stared at her intensely. She have work for me since the beginning, she knows I don't like playing around.

"Come in." She invited me in politely. I followed her in and expecting to see Jamee, but just an empty house.

"Come and sit down, James. I know you are looking for Jamee, so sit down." Diane instructed me. I had no intention to sit and chat, but her tone told me not to defy her.

Sighing heavily, I take a seat on the couch like a guest supposed to.

"I see you are looking for Jamee. Why?" Diane started and I frowned. What does that mean why?

"What do you mean why? Because she's my wife, I need to look for her when she's gone missing." I almost gritted my teeth as I see that Diane is protecting Jamee's whereabouts.

"That's not what she said yesterday. She is hurt, James. Can you not see that? You promised me you'd protect her." There's an upsetting tone in her voice. I looked away and looked everywhere but her.

"I didn't know they would came to the house and talked about Jamee's being married. I didn't know how they found out, but they didn't say anything else." I told her. The words just came out without thinking twice. It came out as a habit, but I knew I shouldn't have said that. I knew I was wrong, but I didn't know what to do afterwards, I felt like a fool. I should have comforted my wife, I should have defend her in front of my parents.