trentotto

◇unedited

Vincenzio was holding my daughter and playing with her as James avoided going back to the house. So, I go back alone to the main house to clean up the dishes after he ate.

As I stepped in, I froze at what I saw and I was not even further in. A frame of pictures was scattered all over the place. No wonder James was irritated by this. Trying to ignore those pictures, I kept on walking inside and doing my job.

The kitchen was still a mess. It looked like he was in a rush.

"Where's my husband?" Suzy came into the kitchen and I could hear the emphasis in her voice. I tried not to get bothered with it and so far so good. I had been away from him for years, the attachment was gone but my love was never gone for him.

"With his daughter. If you'd excuse me, I have to clean the kitchen." Since she stood in my way, I needed to get rid of her.

"Go ahead, I'll expect to see your work on my house. I want it to be spotlessly clean." My heart scrunched up but I didn't do anything, so she would leave me alone.

I started cleaning the kitchen and right after finished, I felt an arm wrapped around my stomach.

"Are you okay?" His shooting voice made me shuddered. A sob suddenly was out from my mouth, surprising me to the core. I didn't know I was holding that in until it was heard.

Turning around, I pressed my face to his chest as I continued to let out the sudden sadness surge up in me. I didn't realize that her presence would get to me now. I guess I didn't care much because she was not here before, not in my presence but now that she did, the impact hit different now. I could feel her presence bothered me as much as I wish it didn't.

"I will let Mr. Blakemore know that you want to see him. The sooner the better for us." I felt him kiss my temple as he tried to conciliate me. "Does tomorrow sounds good?" He asked.

I only nodded as I keep my face where it was. I felt the longing and the need for him around me now. As much as I wanted to deny my feelings and kept it as a co-parenting thing, I couldn't forget about him. He was the only man that loved me and I got to feel loved.

"Get some rest with Fio, I will handle her. I can't let her hurt you now." He saw how Suzy's presence bothered me and it hurt, I would admit it to him now. He lifted my face and caressed my cheek lightly. His fingers barely touched my skin like he was afraid I would break.

He pressed his lips against mine gently for a moment and then his soft eyes watched me.

"Don't let her hurt Fio, please." I plead. We both want nothing and no trouble came to Fiorelli.

"I won't, I promise you. I will do as best as I can to protect both of you." I nodded, believing his words as they were the only thing I could hold on to. As he wouldn't be there for us, his words would do.

My life just getting harder and harder. Did I regret letting him go? No. If my leave was the end of our chapter, this was the new beginning.

"Babe, I've been waiting for you." I moved away as soon as I hear her voice not because I was afraid to get caught but because I wanted to leave as soon as possible. How could I hate someone I didn't know? I didn't, I was irritated by her behavior.

"Rest well," James whispered as he placed a kiss on top of my head before I walked off.

"What do you want, Suzy? Your business is not with me but my brother and father." I could hear his teeth gritting sharply. He gave her multiple warnings and she took them very lightly.

I didn't want to witness bath blood and him, taking life for me, again. Just imagining him doing the first one terrified me, I couldn't handle it if he did it in front of me.

Walking to the house, the door was slightly ajar. Vincenzio was still here with Fiorelli. He looked so immersed listening to Fio who talked about anything.

"Do you like unicorns, Fio?" I heard Vincenzio ask and he gestured the unicorn thing on his forehead, it was funny just watching him communicate with a baby.

"Con?" Fiorelli asked in confused and he nodded. "I'll give you one if you nod." He was tricking her into nodding her head, so she did. He smiled widely seeing his cute niece.

"You're not getting my daughter a unicorn, Vincenzio," I stated as I finally made an appearance.

"What are you talking about? Unicorn doesn't exist, Jamee." He made an excused but he was right. So, what was the closest thing to a unicorn? My mind couldn't seem to find the answer by force, no matter how hard I tried. This kind of moment always strikes whenever you needed an answer to something.

I took a seat on the couch and looked at him. "What?" He raised an eyebrow as he looked back at me.

"Does your father know about what Suzy trying to do?"

"What is she trying to do, Jamee? Father wouldn't care about an insignificant thing." Vincenzio replied.

"Then what about you?"

"I can't do anything about the marriage since it's bound by law." Vincenzio looked at me like investigating. "Why do you get so worked up now? Do you suddenly feel her presence threatening?" I just knew he had something to talk about it.

"Tell me, Jamee. Do you get threatened by her? You were the one who gave up on him."

"Because I have to, but that doesn't mean I stopped loving him. I've always loved him, Vincenzio. He was the only man that showed me love and how it feels to be with someone else. If I didn't end our marriage, I will keep on living in the past. This life that I started with him was new. I was alone all my life, Vincenzio and if I stayed with him, I wouldn't discover about my father now, I wouldn't have met Diane's family. I experienced life and I will never change that. It's a new chapter in my life."