cinquantacinque

unedited

As I plan yesterday, I wanted to see my father today and that was what we were doing. I had informed my father that we were coming over and he agreed without a doubt. But, there was a little incident that occurred while we were getting ready to go.

I didn't realize Fiorelli was coming over to me who was plating food for breakfast in the kitchen when all of a sudden, I heard a bowl full of soup drop from the counter. As soon as I heard the drop, I turned around to find my daughter was the one who had the nasty hand. I was shocked seeing my daughter covered up in soup but thankfully, the soup was not fire hot just warm enough to still feel burning.

"What happened?" James appeared in the kitchen, probably after hearing the loud drop.

I had a sobbing Fiorelli in my arms as I tried to calm her down. But I didn't answer him, instead, I ask him to hand me a towel. "Can you wet the towel with cold water?"

James was quick to react to my request and did what I ask him to. He looked at the mess on the floor while handing me the towel and slowly moved us to a safer spot.

"Papa." Fio raised her arms to her father, asking to be picked up. James looked at me first for confirmation before I nodded and handed her over. It would be easier that way for me to gently wipe the excess soup all over her body.

"It's okay, My Sweet. You just need to be careful next time, okay?" Even though she probably didn't understand what he said, I praised his way of lecturing Fiorelli. We knew she was wrong but I never got mad or blamed her. I just told her wisely instead of getting mad at my daughter, either way, she was still a baby.

I looked at her who was laying her head on his chest. I wiped her tears away even though she was still sobbing.

"Let's change your dress, okay?" I asked Fio while smiling softly. I pushed his back, telling him to move. "Do you have ointment for burns?" I asked him.

"I don't think I have a specific one for burns, but I have the universal one. We can get one on our way if that is what Fio needs," he replied.

"Yes, let's stop at the pharmacy on the way," I agreed. I was just concerned that it would hurt her even though I knew the soup was not hot.

"Papa, ice cream?" Fio looked up at him with her puppy eyes and James immediately nodded his head. He could never refuse and I just knew that.

"Of course, My Sweet girl. Let's get ice cream, shall we?" After Fiorelli was changed and smelled nice again, we finally move along and get on the road.

After almost two hours of driving, we made it to his house, and for some reason, James didn't know where his house was located. I knew that my father liked his privacy and I guess that was the reason why not many people know where he lived.

"I understand why this house is secluded." He nodded his head in approval. His eyes inspected our surroundings as the car slowly moved in to get to the front house.

"He must have been waiting for us," I told him as I saw my father standing on the front porch, waiting.

"Wouldn't it be weird meeting him after you divorce his daughter?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. James turned to me and gave me a stern look. I chuckled at his response.

"Don't joke around like that, baby. Seriously," he said in a displeased tone. Then, he looked at our daughter in the backseat. "Your Mama really likes to upset me, baby girl. Let's leave her in the car."

"Hey!" I protested seeing James trying to compromise with our daughter. But he really did, he left me behind after he took our daughter out of the car. I could just shake my head at his behavior.

"Hello, Mr. Blakemore," James greeted my father as he got in front of him first.

"Grandpa," Fiorelli happily greeted him, following her father. She clapped her hands in front of her, asking her grandfather to pick her up.

"My love." My father did what she wanted to and held her. Then, to my surprise, he turned around and leave us by ourselves on the front porch. James was stunned and froze, I wanted to laugh but I was used to it.

"Did he ignore me? Did he not like me?" As I stood beside him to ask him to go inside, I heard him say that.

"Don't be cowered away. You said he would be happy," I teased him and hid my smile that wanted to appear. He was so confident that my father would be happy if he was to marry me again.

"He is," he persistently replied.

"Then, let's go." I linked my arm with him and walked into the house. He looked around at his surrounding and probably noticed something. "There's not much in here. He doesn't keep things and there's only a few items that belong to my mother, that's it."

He nodded and didn't say much. As we walked further in, I saw my father playing with Fio in the backyard.

"Do you want something to drink? I'm sure he has something in the kitchen," I asked him. As the host was busy, I took the lead in assisting ourselves.

"Coffee?" He raised an eyebrow as the answer ended with a question mark because he was not sure.

"I'll make you some coffee. Go and play with them. I want to see how happy can you make him." I smile provocatively.

"Stop," he groaned lowly, starting to get frustrated and I loved seeing that like we were back to ourselves in the past. We enjoyed life so much back then and just didn't care about anything but us.

"Grandpa, Mama loves Papa." We snapped our heads towards her voice which suddenly came. She kind of startled me as I didn't realize they were coming in. I looked down, feeling embarrassed and I knew my cheeks were blushing hard.