cinquantatre

unedited

James had gone to his parent's house and it was almost midday now. He told me to stay in the main house until he got back. But he didn't tell me when he would be back, there was no news from him as well.

Well, the house was advantageous for Fiorelli to roam around. She was slowly learning how to run and the space was good for her.

"Fio, Mama will cook lunch for us. Can you be a good girl and stay here with Mama?" I asked her as she was trying to escape from me. We were in the kitchen and I needed to make sure she was on my sight.

"Good girl," she replied and quickly sat down on the ground. I smiled seeing her initiative to sit. I caressed her cheeks and kissed them before getting up. She was just too lovable.

As I prepared everything, my eyes shifted from the kitchen to Fiorelli back and forth. I didn't want to lose sight of her.

I noticed the water was boiling, so I need to put the vegetables in. That was something I need to be careful about, so I focused on it for a moment. Put all the vegetables into the boiling water and put the lid on.

Cleaning up after the mess, I looked down to see Fiorelli but she was not in her place. My eyes widened and I got panicked. At first, I looked around the kitchen and under, when I didn't see her everywhere near the kitchen, I started to roam around the house thoroughly and made sure I didn't miss a spot.

Where could she be?

I wandered into the backyard, looking for her while crouching down like I was looking for a kitten.

"Are you looking for this angel?" I jumped when I heard Benjamin's voice from behind. I quickly turned around and found Fiorelli in his arms. I let out a breath of relief and took her into my arms. I showered her with kisses all over her face and hugged her tightly like I had lost her for a day when in fact it was just a few minutes and not even ten. "I found her walking to the door. I waited for you to come after her, but no show. So, I bring her inside."

"Thank you. I am in the middle of cooking lunch. I told her to stay and be a good girl, but not so much now, are you?" I touched the tip of her nose as a way of pretending mad. But her response was making me want to squeeze her. She grinned, smiling up to the fullest.

"I can watch her while you cook. So, you can focus on cooking," he offered and it was not a bad idea. So, I took up his offer to take care of Fiorelli.

"Okay, but don't play outside of the house," I reminded him before it was too late.

"Okay," he replied.

I told her to play with Benjamin while I go back to cooking and she couldn't be more excited to continue playing. I had a feeling that she wanted to play catch and made him run after her. Because that was what she had been doing with James. He complained to get tired from all the running and at the end of the day, he asked for a massage.

As I get lost cooking in the kitchen, I didn't realize how much time it took me to prepare a completed lunch dish. Everything was ready and placed on the dining table just at the right time when James walked into the house.

"Jamee," I heard him calling my name but I couldn't answer him, so he called me again. "Baby."

I turned my head as I sense him approaching me by the table. His forehead churned upon seeing the table. "Are we having a lunch party?"

"No. I got carried away while cooking because I have some time. Benjamin is looking out for Fio," I replied to him the reason why there were so many dishes at the table.

We were now looking at each other and his hands were on my waist. I saw him opening his mouth to say something but got interrupted. Another feminine voice echoes throughout the house.

"I tried to call you before I drive home, but you didn't answer. Mother is here." He sighed while I fell silent because of the unexpected guess.

"Lena." She appeared in the dining area with Fiorelli in her arms. She looked so happy to finally see her granddaughter again, I could tell from the aura coming off of her.

"Only your mother who's here, right?" I asked while looking at him and trying to find reassurance in his eyes

"Yes, only Mother is here. Father is away with Vincenzio," he told me and I nodded. There was a relief that I felt. Because I couldn't face him just yet and I didn't know why. Maybe his remarks back then still hurt me. "I'm sorry."

I nodded my head and smiled at him to show that it was not his fault. I patted his cheek before I made my way to greet his mother.

"I can't hold back my longing for you two," Veronica said, looking back and forth at me and Fiorelli. "I'm sorry for coming here without notice. Well, James knew."

"It's okay, Mother. You don't need my permission to come here, it's his house after all," I said and lead her to the dining table. Whether she wanted to join us in eating lunch or not, she could stay there. Fio needed to be fed and she couldn't miss lunch, because she needed her nap after this.

"James, can you move the chair, please?" I asked him to move the high chair for Fiorelli, so she could sit next to her grandmother.

"If you haven't eaten lunch, you can join us. I cook a lot for us," I told Veronica, pointing to the dishes at the table.

"It looks like you prepared all of this for me," she chuckled jokingly. I could only smile at her response.

"You don't have to cook all of this, Baby." I looked at James and raised an eyebrow.

"I didn't mean to," so, I replied.

"Don't be upset, I'm not forbidding you to cook or else. I just don't want you to feel the need for all of this." He wrapped her arm around my shoulder. He was standing behind me after moving the chair as I asked.

"You look like Angels destined to be together, soulmates," Veronica commented, she was looking at us with so much adoration. "Let's hold a big wedding for you. I will be very happy to help and plans everything."