due

◇unedited◇

I have just finished baking his favourite cupcakes when I felt an arms sneaking around my waist from behind. I could already tell that it's my devoted husband and son. He put his head down on my shoulder as he hugged me lovingly.

"I can't believe it's already been two years since we got married." He stated.

"I know." Agreeing with him, I still can't believe two years have passed. To called something was different, there's nothing much different in the household. "How was work with your father?"

He have been working with his father lately and it got me worried everytime he comes home, because he looked tired.

"Tiring." He answered, but his arms around my waist tightened.

"I baked you cupcakes. Take a shower first and I'll prepare some for you." I turned my head around and caress his face.

"Come, let's have a shower then." He said, lifting his head up to meet with my baby blue eyes. He smiled at me, the smile that I knew very well when he wants me.

"Shower only, okay?" I told him, giving him a pointed look. He nodded eagerly while smile sheepishly to me. I sighed, knowing there's nothing promising once we get in to the bathroom.

Once we got in to the bathroom, James pushed me to a wall and smashed his lips on mine. He waste no time to savor me, his hands hold me still. We kissed like there will be no tomorrow for us to have time like this.

My hands gripped on his hair as I pulled them softly. Then, he pull me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist.

"Should we try for a baby now?" He asked, letting go of my lips to looked at me. That topic came up in our recent talk. I also think that it's a good time for us to try for a baby. We were not ready then, but now the topic of a baby come up here and there.

"Should we?" I touched his cheek lightly and caress it with gentleness. "I think we should try. We're ready now." He nodded.

He started to peel my clothes off one by one, revealing my naked body. He left me only in my panties and he suddenly kneel down.

"Let me take care of you in the good and worse situation. Promise you will listen to me first whenever we have an argument?" I squinted my eyes, confused with what he said.

"I always listen, James. I know you will always take care of me." I cupped his cheek and smiled tenderly to him.

"Thank you." This time, he smile in grateful. But I still don't get why he's suddenly being so careful.

-

We were watching television in the family room, enjoying our evening and cuddling together. He's being unusually lovey today. I don't think it's just because of our anniversary. This unusually is not in a good note.

Ding Dong.

The doorbell rang. I looked at him, silently asking him if he is expecting a guest.

"I'll go get the door." I said, getting up from the couch and walked to the front door. We are not expecting a guest which could only mean that the guest is someone close, like his parents.

Opening the door, I was welcomed with Mr. and Mrs. Nicoli, the first generation. Veronica is the one standing at the front and Blake stood behind her. She smiled to me and greeted me. She is always been nice to me since I was a new maid in this house.

"Lena, is James home by any chance?" She asked.

"Yes, he is home. Please, come in, I will go and call him." I said, welcoming them in to the house. I escorted them to the living, so they can sit comfortably while I'll go and call for him.

I walked faster towards the family room to inform James that his parents is here to see him. But I noticed something, Blake is very quiet. Well, he is always like that, less talking. But this time, he just seem more collected and professional.

"James, your parents here. Go see them and I'll get them something to drink, then I'll be in our room." His body turned to me quickly and he looked caught off guard. He hopped out of the couch and walked passed me to see his parents.

Finding that weird, I just let it slide. He seems to be in a rush.

Since Diane have gone home, there's only us in the house. I'll be the one to serve them as our guests. I got them a drinks they usually have and delivered them to the living room, where they are right now.

As I placed down the drink, Veronica spoke.

"I am so glad to see you still working for my son. He never trust anyone other than Diane and poor Diane always work alone." She spoke out and I stood on the side while holding the tray in front of me. I knew about that one when I first started dating him, Diane told me.

"My goodness, you're married?" Veronica gasped softly as her eyes eyeing my hands which I clasped in front of me. It wasn't covered with the tray since I'm holding it.

As she said that, I glanced to James and he seem to noticed that. But he make no move since it was a harmful question. It was harmful, but I don't know how to answer his mother.

I gulped down and nodded nervously.

"James, you better give her the day off that she deserves. She will need to see her husband and to keep her family in peace. Does that mean you're not living here anymore?" She turned towards me again after giving his son an earful.

"She stays with her husband." James interfered.

"It will be nice to see your husband. Maybe you should come with your husband when we have a gathering." Veronica suggested. I keep quiet and only listen.

"Her husband might be busy. If it's related to work, she won't bring her husband along. There's a reason why I didn't fire her until now, she's professional." James said and I don't know why, but I felt saddened by that. The fact that we're talking about my husband and my husband himself answered her. He's talking like it was not about him.

"Why are you the one answering for her, son? Are you her husband?" Veronica joked. My heart beating out of my chest, it froze for a few moments, waiting for him to answer his mother.

"Of course not." James denied her question and a pang of hurt run through my chest. I felt like crying, but I couldn't. Since I have to looked professional in front of them.

I keep my head down and stole a glance at him, but he is looking at his mother to make her believe.

"Of course he would not, Veronica. What are you thinking? He would never marry a maid that works for him. That alone is a statement. A maid and the employer? Veronica, this is not some fantasy in your dreamland. He have class and reputation to hold." Blake's word is like a dull knife cutting across my chest and while he's at it, he even twisted the knife deeper into my heart, leaving an open wound.

"Right, son?" I didn't hear an answer from him. I slowly and through my blurry eyes, lifted my head to see if he have answered or not.

I let out a choked when I saw him nodding his head, his face staring at his father straight.

Bowing my head as to excuse myself, I left the living room and run up to our room. Perhaps, his room. I put the tray down on the table before walking upstairs.

He denied me as his wife?

I have a vision for this story that this will be a fast paced story

I have a vision for this story that this will be a fast paced story. If that is the case, then I already told you now.

Thank you.