sedici

◇unedited◇

It was the middle of the day already and stuff is still coming in. Many servants were preparing the food and it came out of the blue, but I snapped at them when they touched something which was not part of the preparation. Because they were being nosy and mostly we're the women.

I shouldn't have felt bothered like it was mine. I realized, I felt protective over them which is not mine anymore.

I felt anxious all day, there was only me in the house. Benjamin and Nicholas were with them and I hadn't heard if James showed up at the venue.

Still waiting anxiously until the evening came, I noticed the servants moved in a quick motion like someone is coming.

And just then, cars started coming into the house. A wave of nausea hit me, I quickly turned around and walked away to find a place where I could be alone. Why did I felt sick when they came in? I felt sick all of the sudden.

I locked myself in the bathroom in the kitchen area. I sat on the toilet seat and just tried to calm myself down.

My mind drifted to James. He was here now. Would he smiled and have a happy face? Was he enjoying his time getting married again? Those thoughts suddenly flooding my mind. Why does it happen now?

My chest tightened, made me hard to breathe. But a knocked on the door forced me to get up.

I opened the door and saw the head servant had his hands on his hips, looking so cocky. I hated just the look of it. "What?"

"What are you doing here? You are supposed to serve the guests and not slacking off in the bathroom." He scolded me, still with his hands on his hips.

"I don't work for you. I work for James." I defended.

"So, what? This is his event as well, so you need o work just like the others, don't you think?" He raised his eyebrow in challenge. I gulped, realized that he was right. I breathe out heavily and nodded.

"Okay, I'll be out in a minute." I said to him. Then, after he left I tried to maintain myself to ease the anxiety.

I'm going to go out there and work as I'm supposed to.

"What are you still doing here?" I got startled and jumped a little. I thought it was him again, but the voice sounded familiar. I looked up and found Vincenzio stood in front of me. "You looked pale, Jamee." He stated as he looked at me thoroughly.

"Hmm?" I only responded with a hummed, because suddenly my head felt lightheaded. I tried not to show it to him and just to go out there and do my job.

"It's past your working hour. What are you still doing here?" He asked again. It was already past my working hour? How long had I been in the bathroom for?

"Go home, Jamee. You don't look too good. Have you been tiring yourself today?" Again, he spoke. I nodded, but my feet started to walk. I walked out of the kitchen and onto the crowded room.

"Jamee!" I heard Vincenzio yelled my name, but my feet kept on walking. I needed to go home, but at the same time, my heart told me to go out there to see him.

So, I go out there and looked for him. I saw happy faces while I stood there feeling like I could pass out right about now. I saw Veronica engaged in a conversation, she was either happy or excited. I also saw the one and only, Blake Nicoli.

I kept on looking for him among the crowd. Until I was sure that he was not there, I looked for him outside in the backyard. From afar, I saw a figure stood alone in the dark. The figure stood so far away from the house.

"James," I called out his name in hope that the figure was really him. As I approached the figure, it was definitely a guy. He turned around and just from a glimpse of his side, I knew it was him, James.

James' P.O.V

That sweet voice that I had been longing to hear. I thought I was just imagining her for being here. But when I turned around, she stood there. My heart aches at the sight of her, she looked so pale.

"Baby." My eyes widened when she dropped to the ground. I quickly move to caught her before she hit the ground and thankfully, I could.

"Jamee." I shook her body lightly and placed her head on my lap. No, no, what happened to her?

I scooped her into my arms and brought her to my room. Then, I laid her on the bed carefully. Sitting on the edge of the bed, I watched her. She must have tried herself out and I had warned them to not let her do a heavy job.

For some time, I let her rest while I accompanied her and a chance to ditch my own event. I hated this day, to be married with some barbie for revenge and to saw the love of my life passed out right in front of me.

I didn't care for the glam party downstairs, I am worried sick for Jamee to cared for others. I glanced to the bed now and then to see if she woke up.

With my arms folded in front of my chest, I looked outside the window. I could see shadows of the people attending the event. Such a useless thing to do and spent on.

"My baby..." I heard a faint chant coming from her mouth. I quickly made my way to the bed and sat down.

"Jamee." I touched her cheek and caress it softly. She looked at me and suddenly made a pleading look. "What is it?" I asked her gently.

"My baby... Home." She replied in stammer.

"Baby?" I asked out loud, but she doesn't seem to acknowledge it because she was still not aware.

"I need to go home." She weakly said as she attempted to get up. I pushed her back to the bed to prevented her from going.

"I'll go. Stay here, okay?" I convinced her. Because she was still not in a good condition to leave or even walk. I needed to make sure that she was okay and healthy before leaving. I couldn't see her like this too, it pained me.

"My baby..." She kept on mumbling those words and my heart was anxious but excited at the same time.

Was it really?

Could that be possible?