Maxwell Lord-Man Of The Hour

There's an awards ceremony being held for Maxwell Lord. You run into him as you're trying to find the bathroom and well, Maxwell manages to charm you and things happen.

Some playfulness and fluff, nothing too serious.

..................

You can't even. You're trying desperately to look for a bathroom. It's a madhouse in here.

There's this awards ceremony or something, taking place for none other than... Maxwell Lord.

You can't help but think: since when does that loser deserve an award? I mean, geez Louise, he nearly destroyed the entire world last year with that damn wishing crap.

Sure, nobody's perfect, but he certainly doesn't deserve any awards for that. Actually, you-think-maybe he's receiving an award because his company is doing better now? Maybe?

Whatever. You finally spot a sign for the women's restroom. (Thank God!) Just as you slip around a group of people, standing in a circle, chatting and drinking champagne, you bump into a man.

"Oh! Pardon me!" The man turns. It's... Maxwell Lord. Gulp. He's not what anyone would call 'handsome.' But he's not terribly ugly. He smiles charmingly at you and your face gets warm with embarrassment.

"No. Pardon me, miss. I was in the way." You duck your head and slip pass him, but suddenly feel Maxwell's fingers on your arm. You look back at him.

"Perhaps you'd care to join me?"

"Uh, yeah. Just,um, give me a minute?" Maxwell nods and you hurry into the bathroom, to use the toilet, your mind reeling.

Is this really happening? Does Maxwell Lord really want to hang out with...you?

You hurry as quickly as possible, sure that Maxwell won't still be standing out there, waiting for you to come back.

He is. You smile at him and he holds his arm out for you to take. You fi so, knowing that your face has to be an interesting shade of pink.

Maxwell expertly guides you through the thick crowd of people standing in groups throughout the huge room.

He stops at a table and swiftly grabs two flutes if champagne, passing one off to you. You smile and accept the glass.

Then Maxwell, takes your arm once again and hurries you out a side door that leads out to an empty hallway.

"I thought a little quiet might suit you better, my dear." Maxwell smiles and raises the champagne flute to his full lips and takes a sip. You do the same.

"I'm Y/N," you tell Maxwell. He takes your hand and raises it to his lips, very gently brushing his lips over your knuckles.

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Y/N," Maxwell says softly, his gaze burning into yours.

"Yes," you say. "Same."

You stand there, the party and awards ceremony forgotten, as you just sip your champagne and chat with Maxwell.

When you finish, Maxwell asks if he can... kiss...you.

"I'm not sure that's very proper, Mr. Lord."

"Please. We're friends now. Call me Max."

"All right, Max. But we'll...yes." You press close to him, kissing him boldly.
Maxwell grips you by the waist, holding on tightly, but gently, as not to hurt you.

Your tongues trip over each other, try to get as much in as possible with the kisses. You grip the back of Maxwell's tuxedo, the soft, black cloth bunched in your fists as your bodies press against each other.

You pull away, panting for air, your lips feeling bruised and tender. Maxwell smiles softly at you as you carefully finger his lips and cheeks.

"I really thought tonight was going to be such a bore," Maxwell murmurs in your ear as he gently kisses it and down to your exposed neck and throat.

"I'm happy to say, it's been much better than I expected." You kiss him again and he smiles.

Ooh, those cute dimples! They're making you want to swoon! A shiver goes through you and you forget about everything else around you. You aren't even sure what time it is.

"Uh, Max?"

"Yes, my sweet?"

"Shouldn't you be in there, getting ready to accept your award?"

"Actually, I'd rather stay here with you." He starts nibbling on your collarbone and you feel goosebumps break out all over your skin.

"Max, just go accept the damn award. Then we maybe we can go somewhere else?"

Maxwell sighs. He knows he has to accept his award. It wouldn't look good if he didn't. He needed to build up his name once again.

"Very well, my sweet. I'll accept the award. Then we're gone."

................

Luckily, Maxwell doesn't miss accepting his award. You notice how at ease he appears, up on the platform, smiling and cracking a few jokes.

He's very charismatic. He oozes charm. It's almost.... sickening. (Not to sound disrespectful. But if a person didn't like him, that's what they might think.)

The moment Maxwell is finished, he grabs your hand and practically pulls you out of the auditorium and out to his car.

He hurries around to the driver's side and quickly gets in. He puts his seatbelt on, starts up his car and zooms out of the parking lot.

"Where are we going?" You ask.

"To my place. Is that okay?" You smile.

"That's good for me."

..................

You can't believe that you're lying all cozy, up against Maxwell Lord! This has to be some kind of weird dream.

You couldn't even really stomach the idea of even being in the same place as Maxwell Lord, let along snuggled against the man.

He's stroking your hair and face. It makes you feel very sleepy. You close your eyes, about to fall asleep.

"Y/N?"

"Yeah?"

"Would you like to stay here with me!" You open your eyes back up and smile at Max. He seems... different now. More... vulnerable.

"Yeah. Can I ask you a question?"

"Anything."

"Can I continue to see you?" Maxwell kisses you very, very gently and it makes you feel dizzy with happiness.

"I would love it if you would."

"That makes me so happy, Max."

"Me too, my sweet."