Where are you Dianxia?

After staring at Ling Wen for a good while, as if seeing a ghost, I finally decided to follow her out to meet our beloved Emperor "Jun Wu" !

Sure enough, I was a really lucky soul to become a God right after walking up from my slumber and the very next moment getting to meet two of the scariest of all gods.

After mentally debating for a while and unable to hold onto my curiosity, I decided to ask Ling Wen about Xielian.

" Well, Ling Wen ... I was just wondering about the crown prince of Xianle, is he in the heavenly court at the moment? "

Ling Wen froze in her footsteps after hearing the name of Xielian all of a sudden.

Ling Wen, " You - you know about his highness? It's strange that you know about him as I never heard of him having any more worshippers after his last banishment, and that too you are very young ... The kingdom of Xianle perished almost 800 years ago from now, so how- "

I cut her off and continued to make up things on spot, " Oh that, Of course I know about him as my ancestors seemed to have been very much devoted to him. And hence your household still has his portraits and many scrolls about his achievements. Well, though my parents or even my great grandparents don't know much about him now, I happened to find a few scrolls at some corner of our house and that's how I came to know, nothing special...hahaha..."

I somehow laugh awkwardly after seeing the strange gaze of Ling Wen.

Uhh, did my lies seem too much fabricated...?

Ling Wen, " I see... but he is ... well not here currently as he has been banished. And to be more precise, it's his second banishment so probably he won't be able to ascend again * sigh* Nevermind, you don't have to think much about it now, I will tell you later if you want to know, for now, let's go"

I nod my head in agreement and continue to follow her.

Great, its seems like I arrived right before his third accession. Well well, don't worry, he will come back soon...

The entire way till the great martial hall was extremely picturesque. The heavenly capital surely lived upto it's name. Indeed it was too hard to believe that under these paths lay the corpses of thousands of gods who were killed by the very person I was about to meet.

Ling Wen mumbled a verbal password and signalled me to enter the great martial hall. There were many gods and Jun Wu seemed to be discussing some important matter. I was shocked at the first sight of the Heavenly Emperor. He looked youthful and his facial features seemed to be those of some beautifully carved statue.

Suddenly his gaze lands on me as Ling Wen announces my arrival. Never did I feel so honored in my life and to think that I was a God now, it really felt like I was dreaming.

Jun Wu suddenly chuckled at me and then started speaking, " Qin Xiuying! Atlast you have arrived... welcome to the Heavenly Court! You sure are an expectational talent to have ascended at such a young age, that too you are both a martial and civil God! Even this old man wasn't as great as you when I first became a God.... Hahah!"

He suddenly started laughing and I started getting weird chills. I lowered my head and bowed to him.

"Thank you Emperor for your compliments! Indeed it's an honor to stand in front of you and hear such flatters from you!"

Jun Wu, " Oh don't be so humble! With great talents come great responsibilities, General Pei Ming and Ling Wen will guide you. Meet them to know your tasks here."

" Sure, I understand. "

Jun Wu smiled at me and continued, " Well then, it's your first day today so take rest and enjoy, Ling Wen will help you get familiar with the other gods. Nice to meet you by the way, you may leave now."

I once again bowed to him and started to move out of the hall. I could hear many other gods speaking about me and getting amazed at how I managed to become the God in two different fields and that two under the great Martial General Pei Ming and the most efficient civil officer, Ling Wen.

Well, even I myself didn't have the answer to this. But Jun Wu..., he sure seemed very lively and kind. But * sigh* ... We can never judge a book by its cover. And honestly, I can never hate him... Afterall he was a like a father to Xie Lian when they were in the Heavenly Capital...But what he did was unforgivable!

Ling Wen was waiting outside for me with her usual smiling face. It seemed like maybe she was Jun Wu's second favorite after Xie Lian, but never the less, she had to go through a lot of hardships. I really felt bad for her and somewhere in my heart, even admired her.

Our next stop obviously was Ming Guang palace. And yes, here comes our General Pei... Don't know what I feel right now but can't help, after all he is going to be my supervisor in the field of being a Martial God.

And I felt kind of content to know that I was actually going to be one of the first female martial God! But after knowing about the torment Ling Wen had to go through just for being a female civil God, I wondered what my fate was. Not only a female civil God but also a martial God!

But again thinking of one more thing, I surely did hit the jackpot and was now supposed to be under the guidance of two of the three tumors...

A/N* I will continue the further updates after a few weeks...😅