Down again to Mortal Realm

Qin Xiuying , " Gege did you—"

"..."

 Why why why! Why is he everywhere! Seriously, now what?! What is so important that he himself came to Xie Lian instead of summoning him?!

Jun Wu, " Ahh, you arrived at the right time! Xianle was indeed looking for you but I had some work for him. And also for you!"

Xie Lian looked in her direction and smiled brightly while nodding at her. His behavior was no where close to that of some prince but a very humble and kind mortal who never discriminated against anyone. 

Jun Wu, " Xianle, I don't want to burden you but there is something I need you to look into. It's about a place named Half-moon pass and many mortals have gone missing. It indeed is known for a long time, but the Heavens neglected to look through as it concerns a specific heaven official. I myself too ignored it for some time, as it concerns a particular person, but recently there are other problems which have a link to this...

And as you are ... *Ahem,  not much familiar with everyone here and also because I trust you the most that I am assigning you the task! I will tell you the details later, all I want you to do, is to investigate the matter thoroughly! "

Xie Lian bowed in respect and uttered a sound of acknowledgement and carried on, " I understand... Well then, when does the Emperor want me to start my investigation? "

Jun Wu,  " Don't worry, I know you just did a tough job and so take your time! You may continue after two weeks or whenever you are free! And as per you — Xiuying?"

Qin Xiuying was lost in some deep thoughts when suddenly she felt a cold chill on hearing her name...

Qin Xiuying,  " Hmm? Uh yes!"

Jun Wu seemed to furrow his brows and little then smiled gently at her and continued,  " What's wrong? Tired or bored? Did you hear what I said?"

Qin Xiuying,  " Ahh yes, I did! I suddenly remembered something so I was thinking about that! So sorry for not paying attention! Please forgive my insolence! "

What the hell will I think if not for your schemes? This story has clearly changed as he was never the one to send him to Banyue Pass! 

Ahh why am I getting scared?! But if everything changes then there will be nothing for me to predict! Bohoooo! I just want to thirdwheel peacefully!  When will he meet San Lang! I am dying!!"

Jun Wu,  " It's fine. I hope you remember what I told you last time so I want you to accompany Xianle. It's also for getting more experience and because you are not in much relation with other officials.  I trust you both and don't want to make things hard for you! 

So well, if you both have understood, I will take my leave then! "

With that he left the two alone in the hall of the palace, where Xie Lian was residing temporarily. 

Xie Lian smiled,  " You look tensed? Are you alright? It's going to be fine even if you don't want to accompany me. After all it's going to be dangerous and it's your first time in getting involved in so many complex matters. I can talk to the Emperor on your behalf then, tell me if you are uncomfortable. "

Qin Xiuying,  " Eh? No no! I am completely fine! To be honest I am a bit scared of the Emperor... Heh, I know it's weird but I get nervous around people! And don't worry! I willingly want to accompany you!

And right! You were looking for me?"

Xie Lian,  " Ah yes, I was. You must remember  that boy wrapped in bandages? Well so it's about him actually... He lives under the care of Little Ying and after you went, she was rewrapping his face which was bleeding completely, with new bandages. I happened to get a glimpse of him and its just that— umm, well I actually scared him off... His face, it - it was affected by a plague which appeared in my kingdom 800 years ago and there were no remaining survivors or descendants after the fall of Xian Le. I was too shocked seeing him and my reaction scared him. Little Ying tried to stop him but he suddenly ran off after seeing me, and now he is lost! I really needed to know about him as this might even be related to some big Calamity, and hence I spoke to Ling Wen. She told the palace of Ling Wen will look into the matter and as you too are a part of it and have already seen him, she told me to talk with you if you would like to help me out. So—"

Qin Xiuying,  " Sure! Anytime you need my help I will be ready. And to be honest with you, I happen to know about the human face plague. That's what you mean right? I will try my best to help you and anyways the Emperor told us to work together,  so within this two weeks we can start looking for him or Little Ying must be very upset too ~ And even if we can't find him, the others at the  palace of Ling Wen are quiet efficient, so they can do it! What do you say?"

Xie Lian,  " Thank you so much for helping out!  And well you are very knowledgeable!  Because what happened in the past is all but forgotten memories along with the kingdom of Xian Le. It so weird to think that someone knows so much about it!"

Qin Xiuying,  " Haha I happen to know a lot more! I can tell you a lot more than this some other time. I will tell you how I know so much when the time comes...

Well that aside, Gege!?"

She almost leaped with excitement as she spoke. This actually shocked Xie Lian as she seemed to be a very reserved and less talkative person. Nevertheless it was his first time when someone was so excited to talk to him and a feeling of warmth filled his empty heart.

Xie Lian,  " Hmm?"

Qin Xiuying,  " Umm, well... I – I didn't hear about any temple under your name or worship, so ... if we are going to go to the mortal realm, why not you build a temple for yourself where you settle to carry on your job? I am sure many people will come there because you absolutely deserve it! You are so great and  kind towards all!"

Xie Lian,  " You flatter me but coincidentally... well umm, it's embarrassing to say so but even I once thought so. Afterall I damaged a lot of stuff after my accession, and am also in the need of merits. Though a

Ling Wen says it's payed off, I doubt it. After all it was a large amount so...

But, I doubt getting followers as honestly,  I am even more useless than the trash I used to collect...

But still, I think I will go will your suggestion. And thank you for your kind words and help. I really am so grateful to know you!"

Qin Xiuying,  " Ahh gege! Why thank me? Please don't look down upon yourself, you are of great talents!  I am honored to accompany you for so long!

Well then let's go! Off to puqi—....

Ahem I mean, well there is a beautiful village named Puqi Village! Want to take a look down there?"